When I stand before thee at the day's end, thou shalt see my scars and know that I had my wounds and also my healing.Rabindranath Tagore
Admiration is a feeling of delighted approval, judgment and liking.
- Admiration, n Our polite recognition of another's resemblance to ourselves.
- The Devil's Dictionary by Ambrose Bierce
- Always we like those who admire us, but we do not always like those whom we admire.
- Maxims by La Rochefoucauld (1665)
- Fools admire, but men of sense approve.
- Alexander Pope, An Essay on Criticism (1711)
- My dear, I find your blind admiration for me both flattering and disturbing.
- Elim Garak, (Star Trek: DS9 Call to arms)
- Admiration is the furthest thing from understanding.
- Sōsuke Aizen, Bleach