Another glorious day, the air as delicious to the lungs as nectar to the tongue.
- So it is with air: there is the brightest variety which we call aether, the muddiest which we call mist and darkness, and other kinds for which we have no name...
- When I was born I drew in the common air, and fell upon the earth, which is of like nature, and the first voice which I uttered was crying, as all others do.
- And 't is my faith, that every flower
Enjoys the air it breathes.
- Hamlet: The air bites shrewdly; it is very cold.
Horatio: It is a nipping and an eager air.
- Let the air strike our tune,
Whilst we show reverence to yond peeping moon.
- My highway is unfeatured air,
My consorts are the sleepless stars,
And men my giant arms upbear—
My arms unstained and free from scars.
- O, thou art fairer than the evening air
Clad in the beauty of a thousand stars.
- If we cannot end now our differences, at least we can make the world safe for diversity. For, in the final analysis, our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this small planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children's future. And we are all mortal.
- Another glorious day, the air as delicious to the lungs as nectar to the tongue.
- Darius was clearly of the opinion
That the air is also man’s dominion,
And that, with paddle or fin or pinion,
We soon or late
The azure, as now we sail the sea.
- His love was like the liberal air,—
Embracing all, to cheer and bless;
And every grief that mortals share
Found pity in his tenderness.
- Take a straw and throw it up into the air,—you may see by that which way the wind is.
- The air in music the wing forsakes.
- John Muir, letter to Jeanne C. Carr, Yosemite (1874).
- The spiritual eye sees not only rivers of water but of air.
- I know that our bodies were made to thrive only in pure air, and the scenes in which pure air is found.
- In an underdeveloped country, don't drink the water; in a developed country, don't breathe the air.
- There's so much pollution in the air now that if it weren't for our lungs there'd be no place to put it all.
Last modified on 13 June 2008, at 13:07