- The people who control America today make decisions like drunkards. They do not understand what they are doing at all.
- A senior official in an important American political center, said: "Instead of bombs, send them miniskirts." He is right.
Bush and Hitler
- What makes Bush different from Hitler? He commits crimes in Guantanamo and Abu Ghraib prisons. With all these crimes, they still behave like bullying claimants. They get angry once they see an independent nation.
Conflict in Iraq
- The Americans are stuck in Iraq and have no way out. They are like a wolf whose tail has been caught in a trap.
- Khamenei: The Iraqi people will hate any government established in Iraq that will be recognized as appointed by the Americans, just as the Americans are hated. The Americans' coming to Iraq was a mistake. Their staying was a mistake. Their behavior with the population was a mistake....They must know that certainly, the Islamic world and chiefly the Shiite world will not stay silent in face of this.
- Audience: Allah Akbar, Allah Akbar, Allah Akbar, Khamenei is the leader. Death to the opposers of the rule of jurisprudent. Death to America. Death to England. Death to the hypocrites (Mujaheedin-E Khalq) and Saddam. Death to Israel.
Emigration of Iranians
- Yes, the young people go abroad, but they come back.
Fatwa on Boycott of Israel
- The purchase of any item which helps strengthen Zionism is not permissible.
Holy sites in Islam
- Drawing near to the holy places (Najaf and Karbala) and damaging their honor is no trivial matter...This is also not unique to the Shiites. The Muslims have responded to this issue...As long as they (the Americans) persist in committing this crime, so will the wrath of the Islamic world increase and rage.
- If you had been able to harm the Islamic republic, you would not have wasted a single minute in the past 27 years. ...If you make the slightest mistake regarding Iran, the flow of energy in this region will surely be jeopardized seriously.
- If they want to threaten us and use force and violence against us, they should not doubt that Iranian officials will use all they have in their power to deal a blow to those who assault them.
- We will never start a war. We have no intention of going to war with any government.
- If God forbid, a bitter experience and test emerges for the nation we ourselves will put on combat fatigues and get ready for sacrifice.
New Iraqi government
- Iran has always been keen to see an independent Iraq with a popular government in its neighborhood and accordingly the present government in Iraq is fully supported by Iran.
- When the American president visits countries in South America[...], the peoples there welcome him by burning the American flag...This means the shaking of the foundations of liberal democracy, of which the West, and above all America, claim to be the standard bearer....Day by day, the reputation of liberal democracy and of America - the vanguard of liberal democracy in the world - is diminished in the eyes of the world. At the same time, the reputation of Islamic Iran grows. The peoples understand that the Americans are lying, when they claim to be defending human rights.
- Should the Iranian nation beg for the right of exploitation of nuclear energy from the bullying world powers until they accept that the nation has a nuclear right?...No. This is not the way of a free and independent nation. ... Rights cannot be achieved by entreating. If you supplicate, withdraw and show flexibility, arrogant powers will make their threat more serious.
Khamenei about the assasination of Iranian General Ali Sayad Shirazi by the People's Mujahedeen of Iran.
- The faithful and brave commander of the Islamic army and devoted soldier of the religion and the holy Qur'an attained martyrdom at the hands of the criminal, bloodthirsty and disgraced munafiqeen hypocrites. This is not the first nor the last time a faithful and lover of the lofty ideas of the divine faith has been martyred by the dirty, criminal and corrupt hands of those mercenaries who have to earn their livelihood only through serving the enemies of Islam. The hot plains of Khuzestan and the high mountains of Kurdestan have witnessed the preparedness and devotion of the brave and determined man who left numerous memories of his courage and self-sacrifice during the eight-year sacred defense period.
- All politicians in the world are aware that this conference is doomed to failure.
About Imam Khamenei
- Hizbullah chose to be loyal to the regime in Iran, to the rule of the Jurisprudent, Hizbullah made a religious choice – and it is free to make such a choice... It chose to consider Ali Khamenei in Iran as their source of emulation. They turn to him to ask what is permitted and what is forbidden.
- ... one of God's great graces, alongside the Islamic Republic, is the presence of the leader – this great leader who enjoys the grace of God. I say this out of experience, not as a gesture of politeness. They should be aware of the value of this great leader, and know how to make the most of this grace, and thank God for this. They should preserve this. With God's help, they should benefit the most from this great personality.
- Why does Khamene'i threaten America with a multifold retaliation if Iran is struck but didn't move a finger when American rockets pierced the tomb of Imam Ali (Allah bless him) in Najaf?
- Western diplomacy tends to ignore Khamenei, who sabotages any effort to go around him as the final arbiter of Iranian policy.
External linksLast modified on 21 February 2008, at 03:54