Oh, love is real enough; you will find it someday, but it has one archenemy—and that is life.Jean Anouilh Ardele
- A wet sheet and a flowing sea,
A wind that follows fast,
And fills the white and rustling sail,
And bends the gallant mast.
And bends the gallant mast, my boys,
While like the eagle free
Away the good ship flies, and leaves
Old England on the lee.
- "A Wet Sheet and a Flowing Sea".
- While the hollow oak our palace is,
Our heritage the sea.
- "A Wet Sheet and a Flowing Sea", line 23.
- When looks were fond and words were few.
- "The Poet's Bridal-day Song", line 20.