Let the first impulse pass, wait for the second.Baltasar Gracian
(Redirected from Beef)
- God sendeth and giveth both mouth and the meat.
- Thomas Tusser, A Hundred Points of Good Husbandry (1557).
- I cannot eat but little meat,
My stomach is not good;
But sure I think that I can drink
With him that wears a hood.
- God sends meat, and the Devil sends cooks.
- John Taylor, Works, vol. ii. p. 85 (1630).
- I didn't squawk about the steak, dear. I merely said I didn't see that old horse that used to be tethered outside here.
- W. C. Fields, to a waitress, in Never Give a Sucker an Even Break (1941).
- It is meat, drink, and cloth to us.
- François Rabelais, Works, Book v, Chapter vii.
- I am a great eater of beef, and I believe that does harm to my wit.
- O! beware, my lord, of jealousy;
It is the green-ey'd monster which doth mock
The meat it feeds on.
- Some hae meat and canna eat,
And some would eat that want it;
But we hae meat, and we can eat,
Sae let the Lord be thankit.
- Robert Burns, Grace before Meat.
- Outdid the meat, outdid the frolic wine.
- Robert Herrick, "Ode for Ben Jonson", Hesperides (1648).
- A tale without love is like beef without mustard: insipid.
- Anatole France, La Révolte des Anges (The Revolt of the Angels), ch. 8 (1914).
- If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding! How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat!
- Teacher, Pink Floyd The Wall (1982).
- Not eating meat is a decision, eating meat is an instinct.
- Denis Leary, No Cure For Cancer (1993).
- We used to have a lot of fun. We never had any problems. We always ate. The fact that we didn't have steak? Who had steak?
- Jesse Owens in Tony Gentry, Jesse Owens, Champion Athlete (1990).
- Who lives longer? the man who takes heroin for two years and dies, or a man who lives on roast beef, water and potatoes 'till 95? One passes his 24 months in eternity. All the years of the beefeater are lived only in time.
- Aldous Huxley in Kevin A. Fabiano, ed., The Shortcut: 20 Stories To Get You From Here To There (2006), p. 179.
- This dish of meat is too good for any but anglers, or very honest men.
- Izaak Walton, The Complete Angler, Part i, Chapter 8.
- A king is a thing men have made for their own sakes, for quietness' sake. Just as in a family one man is appointed to buy the meat.
- John Selden, Of a King.
- Where's the beef?
- I wouldn't touch a hot dog unless you put a condom on it! You realize that the job of a hot dog is to use parts of the animal that the Chinese can't figure out how to make into a belt?
- Bill Maher, Bill Maher: I'm Swiss (2005), timecode 1:11:10
- A hot dog at the ball park is better than steak at the Ritz.
- Humphrey Bogart, from a unidentified film.
- Captured in an unidentified track, Baseball's Greatest Hits CD (1989).
- Red meat is not bad for you. Now blue-green meat, that's bad for you!
- If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?