British Columbia (BC), is the westernmost of Canada's provinces and is famed for its natural beauty, as reflected in its Latin motto, Splendor sine occasu ("Splendour without Sunset (Diminishment)"). It was the sixth province to join the Canadian Confederation. Its residents are referred to as British Columbians. The capital of British Columbia is Victoria, the 15th largest metropolitan region in Canada. The largest city is Vancouver, Canada's third-largest metropolitan area.
- And the only really good thing about the province of British Columbia is that
it's right next to us,
Cuz Alberta, doesn't suck
- Source:The Toronto Song Lyrics by Arrogant Worms
- As I was a-walking on down Broughton Street,
To me, way, heigh, blow the man down,
I went into Speedie's me shipmates to meet,
Gi' me some time to blow the man down.
- A story I will tell you of the salty fisherman,
Of all the little rivers and inlets of the coast,
He seems to like Pender Harbour to bum around the most.
- Bitter days, on the fishing grounds.
And we tacked off Hippa, in a dirty lump,
And the pigs were bouncing, man, and you could see them jump
- Source:Fishing Grounds song lyrics by Ken Hamm
- Notes:The Queen Charlotte Islands on the west coast of British Columbia features Hippa Island near Graham Island. The Salmon fishing grounds are now called Haida Gwaii.
- Downstream ever further from our native
nowheres (paradise, wilderness)
we ooh and aah harder over
these sockeye come three hundred miles upstream
- Here comes Henry Currie, he's always in a hurry
Teaming up the Cariboo road
He makes his horses go through the dust and through the snow
Teaming up the Cariboo road
- Huge orange flying boat rises off a lake
Thousand-year-old petroglyphs doing a double take
- in a place called Canada West
On Williams Creek they called me green
and Johnny come lately
But, ah, I came from Canada,
I ain't from the old country
- Notes:Williams Creek, British Columbia had a logging industry in the watershed area.
- Source:Young Man from Canada
- In Port Hardy one morning I cast off my lines
The sea was all smooth and the weather just fine
And for Castle Rock I was headed away
Where the coho flash silver all over the bay
- Notes:Port Hardy, British Columbia is located on the north-eastern coast of Vancouver Island.
- Source:Where the Coho Flash Silver
- Leaving B.C.
A thousand faces without names
Unknown souls all look the same
A thousand people pass me by
In this city of dreams my soul
- Source: Leaving B.C. Lyrics by The Unknownn 
- oh yeah these BC people
oh yeah they make me feel fine
oooo extreme are your seasons
carving beauty as they rest
on through you I feel welcome
in your land, so lush and so fresh
- Source: B.C. People Lyrics by Xavier Rudd 
- Plus, British Columbia's real nice
This time of year
And when she gets there
She says she'll phone
- Stand with Baillie-Grohman in 1882
on the shoulder of the Purcells gazing
east and north up the Rocky Mountain trench
but bear with his southwest intentions
for the arable flood plain near Creston
he'll sell once reclaimed from the Kootenay's high water
re-routing its headwaters here with a trench of his own
into the Columbia.
- Source:Canal Flats John Carr Governor General's Award poet
- Notes: Canal Flats is situated at the southern end of Columbia Lake, which is the source of the Columbia River. Creston is located in the Okanagan Valley, British Columbia's Purcell Mountain creates the Columbia River Valley or Rocky Mountain Trench. The Kootenay Rockies, are in southeastern British Columbia west of the Purcells
- The flavour is its own reward, like kissing the whole world
at once, rivers, willows, bugs and all, until your swollen
- I wanted to be... a lumberjack!
Leaping from tree to tree, as they float down the mighty rivers of British Columbia.
The Giant Redwood. The Larch. The Fir! The mighty Scots Pine!
- Source:Lumberjack Song lyrics by Monty Python
- The coast of British Columbia was one of the three chief centers of aboriginal America.
- Source:Ellsworth Huntington
- This land is your land, this land is my land
From Bonavista to Vancouver Island
- Emily Carr, British Columbia, Canadian artist and writer.
- Canada Quotes
- Vancouver British Columbia Quotes
- Arrogant Worms. The Toronto Song lyrics by Arrogant Worms: tsrocks.com (in english). TS Rocks. Retrieved on 2008-01-15.
- C (December 5th. 2004). Folksongs of British Columbia: - “Blow the Man Down ” (in english). The British Columbia Folklore Society. Retrieved on 2008-01-12.
- C (apr97). Folk & Traditional Song Lyrics - The Pender Harbour Fisherman's Come All Ye (in english). Retrieved on 2008-01-12.
- C (December 5th. 2004). Folksongs of British Columbia: - “Fishing Grounds.” (in english). The British Columbia Folklore Society. Retrieved on 2008-01-12.
- Carr, John (1997-2008). Adam's River (in english). Poetry by John Pass : Terrain.org. Terrain.org: A Journal of the Built & Natural Environments. Retrieved on 2008-01-12.
- Thomas, PHil (apr96). Teaming Up the Cariboo Road (in english). Retrieved on 2008-01-12.
- C (2002-2007). Wondering Where The Lions Are (in english). The Cockburn Project,. Retrieved on 2008-01-12.
- Taylor, Barry (1997-2008). Young Man from Canada (in english). Folk Music Pages. Retrieved on 2008-01-12.
- Arntzen, Lloyd (1997-2008). DigiTrad: Where the Coho Flash Silver (in english). Folk Music Pages. Retrieved on 2008-01-12.
- B.C. People Lyrics (in english). Lets Sing It (1998-2008). Retrieved on 2008-01-12.
- B.C. People Lyrics (in english). sing365.com (2000-2007). Retrieved on 2008-01-12.
- The Elected - British Columbia lyrics from Me First album - Song Lyrics (in english). Lyred.com (2002-2006). Retrieved on 2008-01-12.
- Carr, John (1997-2008). Canal Flats / Grand Canal (in english). Poetry by John Pass : Terrain.org. Terrain.org: A Journal of the Built & Natural Environments. Retrieved on 2008-01-12.
- Bolster, Stephanie (1997-2008). Many Have Written Poems About Blackberries (in english). The Fiddlehead #180, Summer 1994;. Canadian Poetry website University of Toronto and University of Toronto Library.. Retrieved on 2008-01-12.
- Python, Monty. Monty Python - (Complete)Lumberjack Song lyrics (in english). Sing365 Lyrics. Retrieved on 2008-01-14.
- C (2002-2007). Farewell Nova Scotia: Canadian Song Lyrics (in english). Educators' Circle LLC. Retrieved on 2008-01-12.