Love is the river of life in the world.Henry Ward Beecher
Quotes referring to Circles:
- Never, never rest contented with any circle of ideas, but always be certain that a wider one is still possible.
- Richard Jefferies, Story of My Heart : My Autobiography (1901)
- There must be a positive and negative in everything in the universe in order to complete a circuit or circle, without which there would be no activity, no motion.
- John McDonald, The Message of a Master: A Classic Tale of Wealth, Wisdom and the Secret of Success (1929), ch. 11
- He drew a circle that shut me out —
Heretic, rebel, a thing to flout.
But Love and I had the wit to win:
We drew a circle that took him in.
- Edwin Markham, "Outwitted", from The Shoes of Happiness, and Other Poems (1913)
- And the seasons they go round and round,
And the painted ponies go up and down,
We’re all captive on the carousel of time
We can’t return we can only look behind
From where we came
And go 'round and 'round and 'round
In the circle game.
- Do not disturb my circles!
- Archimedes, last words before being killed by a soldier.
- Our task must be to free ourselves... by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and its beauty.
- The next best thing to being wise oneself is to live in a circle of those who are
- Mathematics would certainly have not come into existence if one had known from the beginning that there was in nature no exactly straight line, no actual circle, no absolute magnitude.
- Until he extends his circle of compassion to include all living things, man will not himself find peace.