In the early days all I hoped was to make a living out of what I did best. But, since there's no real market for masturbation I had to fall back on my bass playing abilities.Les Claypool
Desire is a strong wish or craving.
- The ultimate meaning of desire is death.
- Rene Girard p.290 Mensonge romantique et vérité romanesque (Deceit, Desire and the Novel: Self and Other in Literary Structure) (1961)
- Burning desire to be or do something gives us staying power - a reason to get up every morning or to pick ourselves up and start in again after a disappointment.
- Everyone believes very easily whatever they fear or desire.
- I would rather be poor in a cottage full of books than a king without the desire to read.
- The desire of the man is for the woman, but the desire of the woman is for the desire of the man.
- The desire to know is natural to good men.
- The waves of desire in the world-ocean are intoxicating wine.
- There is only trouble and desire.
- Those who restrain desire do so because theirs is weak enough to be restrained.
- When all desires that cling to the heart are surrendered, then a mortal becomes immortal.
- When one tastes that fruit that bathes their tongue in decadence, ones own wants oft causeth them to partake again, and deeper, each time, to wash themselves anew in that single most sumptuous thing.
- Without a sense of urgency, desire loses its value.
- When you can't have something, you want it even more.
- Desire is deisre. the sun cannot bleach it. The tide cannot wash it away
- The Beach (movie)