Enemy of the State
The simple joy of taking an idea into one's own hands and giving it proper form, that's exciting.George Nelson
Robert Clayton Dean
- Actually, I believe the term "shyster" is reserved for attorneys of the Jewish persuasion. I believe the proper term for me is "eggplant".
- Conspiracy theorists of the world unite.
- That's my blender.
- [talking to wife on the way back from work] You're the only woman for me. You and Janet Jackson.
Edward "Brill" Lyle
- If you live another day I'll be very impressed.
- It's a brave new world out there. At least, it better be.
- Robert Clayton Dean: Planning a quick getaway?
- Edward "Brill" Lyle: Yeah. Ever since I met you.
- Robert Clayton Dean: What the hell just happened?
- Edward "Brill" Lyle: I blew up the building.
- Robert Clayton Dean: Why?
- Edward "Brill" Lyle: Because you made a phone call!
- Edward "Brill" Lyle: In guerrilla warfare they taught us to use our weaknesses as strengths.
- Robert Clayton Dean: Such as?
- Edward "Brill" Lyle: If they're big and your little, then you're fast and they're slow. You're hidden and they're exposed. You fight only the battles you know you can win.
- Thomas Brian Reynolds: What will it take for us to walk out of here with that video tape?
- Boss Paulie Pintero: The end of the world.
- Congressman Sam Albert: [on TV] We knew that we had to monitor our enemies. We've also come to realize that we need to monitor the people who are monitoring them...
- Carla Dean: Well who's gonna monitor the monitors of the monitors?
- Robert Clayton Dean: I wouldn't mind doing a little... "monitoring" myself.
- Carla Dean: Yes, and you've got lots and lots of... "monitoring" to do.
- Eric Dean: Are you guys talking about sex?
- It's not paranoia if they're really after you
- In God we trust. The rest we monitor.
- The only privacy left is inside of your head
- Will Smith - Robert Clayton Dean
- Gene Hackman - Edward "Brill" Lyle
- Barry Pepper - Detective David Pratt
- Jon Voight - Thomas Brian Reynolds