Last modified on 2 October 2008, at 05:08
Quotes about familiarity.
- "Familiarity induces contempt, but distance secures respect." ~ Publilius Syrus
- Variant: "I find my familiarity with thee has bred contempt." ~ Don Quixote
- "When a man becomes familiar with his goddess, she quickly sinks into a woman."
- "Familiarity is a magician that is cruel to beauty but kind to ugliness."
- Ouida (pseudonym of Marie Louise De La Ramee), Princess Napraxine (1906) p. 19.
- "Familiar acts are beautiful through love."
- Percy Bysshe Shelley, "Prometheus Unbound" in The Poetical Works of Percy Bysshe Shelley (1839) p. 123.
- "Familiarity is the thing -- the sense of belonging. It grants exemption from all evil, all shabbiness"
- E.B. White, "Homecoming"