Life is an uphill business for the guy who's not on the level.John Welsh
This page is for quotes on the subject of Geography, the study of the earth and its features, inhabitants, and phenomena.
- Geography is just physics slowed down, with a couple of trees stuck in it.
- Terry Pratchett in The Last Continent
- History is philosophy teaching by example, and also warning; its two eyes are geography and chronology.
- As a young man, my fondest dream was to become a geographer. However... I thought deeply about the matter and concluded that it was far too difficult a subject. With some reluctance, I then turned to physics as a substitute.
- Duane F. Marble, Professor of Geography, posted this on his office door at SUNY at Buffalo, misattributing it to Albert Einstein; it has since been quoted as if it were a genuine quote of Einstein.
- Even heavy automobile traffic out of New York City on a summer weekend minutely unbalances the earth as it rotates.
- Paul Allman Siple
- I wanna hang a map of the world in my house. Then I'm gonna put pins into all the locations that I've traveled to. But first, I'm gonna have to travel to the top two corners of the map so it won't fall down.