The truth is that there is only one terminal dignity—love. And the story of a love is not important—what is important is that one is capable of love. It is perhaps the only glimpse we are permitted of eternity.Helen Hayes
- Gift is heartiest wishes to others. it represents our love and affection to our love ones. i love to give gifts to G.[Priyanka Chaurasia]
- Posthumous charities are the very essence of selfishness, when bequeathed by those who, when alive, would part with nothing.
- Give freely to him that deserveth well, and asketh nothing: and that is a way of giving to thyself.
- The gift, to be true, must be the flowing of the giver unto me, correspondent to my flowing unto him.
- The only gift is a portion of thyself. ... Therefore the poet brings his poem; the shepherd, his lamb; the farmer, corn; the miner, a gem; the sailor, coral and shells; the painter, his picture; the girl, a handkerchief of her own sewing."
- A gift—its kind, its value and appearance; the silence or the pomp that attends it; the style in which it reaches you—may decide the dignity or vulgarity of the giver.
- God's love gives in such a way that it flows from a Father's heart, the well-spring of all good. The heart of the giver makes the gift dear and precious; as among ourselves we say of even a trifling gift, "It comes from a hand we love," and look not so much at the gift as at the heart.
- There is no grace in a benefit that sticks to the fingers.