Howl's Moving Castle
Hauru no ugoku shiro
- Calcifer: I don't cook! I'm a mighty and powerful fire demon!
- Calcifer: May all your bacon burn!
- Sophie: Let's run away! There's no use fighting.
- Howl: Why? I'm done running away. Finally, I've found something worth protecting with my life. It's you.
- Howl: I give up, I see no point in living if I can't be beautiful.
- Hat shop worker: Don't worry, he only preys on pretty girls.
- Witch of the Waste: Nice doggie.
- Calcifer: [talking about the Witch of the Waste] She keeps staring at me... It's freaking me out...
- Witch of the Waste: Oh! What a pretty fire!
- Sophie: Yes, I'm the scariest witch of them all, I'm the kind that cleans!
- Howl:[talking to Turnip Heaed] You're cursed too? It seems like everyone in this family has problems
- Sophie: I've become quite cunning in my old age.
- Sophie: A heart is a heavy burden.
- Sophie: Don't come in here. I've got a bad cold. I don't want you to catch it.
- Honey: You sound ghastly, like some 90-year-old woman.
- Howl: Calcifer, you're being so obedient.
- Calcifer: Not on purpose! [Sophie] bullied me!
- Howl: I'd appreciate it if you didn't torment my friend.
- Witch of the Waste: Standing up to the Witch of the Waste? That's pretty plucky.
- Sophie: It's been a pleasure meeting you, even if you are my least favorite vegetable. Take care, Turnip-head.
- Markl: [to Sophie] Quit telling lies to our customers.
- Madam Suliman: Let's stop this foolish war...
- Howl: You're wearing that hat? After all the magic I used to make your dress pretty?
[Howl sends Sophie out after promising to follow her in disguise and Sophie tries to spot him]
- Sophie: Could he be that? No. That's not flamboyant enough for him.
[She passes a group of pigeons on a statue]
- Sophie: No, those are much too plain for Howl.
[a glider plane with a giggling young woman and her lover flies overhead]
- Sophie: [looks at it wryly] That could be him.
- Witch of the Waste: Seems like your true love has fallen in love with someone else!
- Markl: Move it, Grandma! Or you'll lose your nose!
- Young Sophie: They say that the best blaze burns brightest, when circumstances are at their worst.
- Calcifer: Yeah, but no-one really believes that.
- Witch of the Waste: What a tacky little hat shop. I've never seen such tacky little hats. Yet you are by far the tackiest thing here.
- Witch of the Waste: The best part about that spell, is that you can't tell anyone about it. My regards to Howl.
- Howl: "You who swallowed a falling star, o' heartless man, your heart shall soon belong to me." That can't be good for the table.
[after Sophie puts a pan and bacon on Calcifer]
- Calcifer: Here's another curse for you - may all your bacon burn.
- Old Sophie: Are you the one moving this castle?
- Calcifer: Of course I am! No-one else does any work around here.
- Young Sophie: Calcifer! You came back!
- Calcifer: Yeah, I kinda missed you guys, and it looks like it's gonna’ rain.
Sophie: I'm the best and cleanest witch in Ingary.
Calcifer: You'll be the death of me! You're as heartless as Howl!
"Why didn't he turn me out"?She(Sophie)said, half to herself and half to Michael. I It beats me," said Michael " But I think he goes by Calcifer. Most people who come in here either don't notice Calcifer or are scared stiff of him."
"This is a bit much Sophie!" He(Howl) said. " I do live here."
"Who, me?" said Howl. "I assure you, my friends, I am cone sold stober."
"Typical!" he (Howl) said to Sophie. "I break my neck to get here, and I find you peacefully tidying up!"