Last words in Star Trek media
Love is the extra effort we make in our dealings with those whom we do not like and once you understand that, you understand all. This idea that love overtakes you is nonsense. This is but a polite manifestation of sex. To love another you have to undertake some fragment of their destiny.Quentin Crisp
The numerous deaths across all different media in the Star Trek universe have yielded many memorable last words.
- To the last, I grapple with thee... From hell's heart, I stab at thee... For hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee...
- Live long...and prosper.
- Who: Spock, before dying of radiation poisoning
- Notes: Spock was later resurrected.
- [Kirk: If we don't help each other, we'll die here.] Perfect. Then that's the way it shall be.
- Who: Commander Kruge
- Don't let it end this way, Captain.
- Who: Chancellor Gorkon, mortally wounded by two Starfleet officers.
- To be...or, not to be...
- Who: General Chang; Chang has been quoting Shakespeare at different points throughout the film.
- It was... fun. Oh my...
- Who: Captain Kirk
- I'm glad we're together now. Our destiny's complete.
- Who: Shinzon
- Who: Data
- Our baby would've been so beautiful...
- Who: Jadzia Dax
- Who: Damar
- Note: Killed while attempting to storm Dominion headquarters.
- The self-destruct program has been damaged. Now, this istallation will not be destroyed. But it must be. The Kazon must not be allowed to gain control of it. They will annihilate the Ocampa.
- Who: The Caretaker
- My minute isn't up!
- Who: Ensign Harry Kim
- Note: Said in response to B'elanna Torres's warning as she implored with him to leave the dangerous area. However, Kim refused to do so, instead trying to seal off a hull breach, and was blown into space. He was replaced by a Harry Kim from an alternate Voyager which had come into being via an interstellar phenomenon.
- Gentlemen, welcome to the bridge.
- Who: Captain Kathryn Janeway
- Note: This was a Janeway created on a duplicate Voyager due to interstellar phenomenon. She destroyed her ship to save the other Voyager from the Vidiians, who intended to harvest their organs.
- You will adapt.
- Who: One/1
- Note: It is unknown whether his name is spelled One, or simply 1.
- Note: This was said in response to Seven of Nine saying "You're hurting me." Because he was letting himself die to save Voyager from being pursued by the Borg trying to recapture him.