Raúl González Blanco (born June 27, 1977), usually referred to simply as Raúl, is a spanish football player who currently plays for Real Madrid and the Spanish National Team.
- Jesús Gil (29/10/99): "Raúl is my bete noire".
- Fabio Capello (15/11/99): "He is a winner. He is the inheritance of Real Madrid".
- Javier Clemente (01/04/00): "Raúl is the best forward in the world".
- Franz Beckenbauer (09/05/00): "Raúl is one of the best of Europe. He is Real Madrid's spirit. He is like Matthäus for us: indispensable, and with a bad haircut".
- Thierry Henry (25/06/00): "When he plays, in his mind there is only the goal; it's the football essence. Every time they do something, you stand up over your seat".
- Sir Alex Ferguson (08/04/03): "I hope he doesn't like travelling, Failing that we will stop him entering the country. Real buy these big players like Figo, Zidane and Ronaldo but I think the best player in the world is Raúl".
- Zinedine Zidane (12/02/04): "For me I would say my favourite players in Europe are Raúl and Figo."
- Ottmar Hitzfeld (16/02/07) - Days before the Bayern vs. Madrid Match: "I’d sign him right here and now, and I’d go wherever it takes to land a player like that, he’s a "Crack" (a "match changing" player) player and I’m a fan of everything that he does, and what’s more now is the prefect time to sign him as he’s got a wealth of experience and has reached full maturity"
- David Trézéguet (08/05/03): "We all know what Raúl represents, not only for his team, but also for football".
- Luís Figo (11/06/05): "I think he is the greatest player to have ever played the game. He walks on the turf and astounds. It is utterly amazing.
- David Beckham in his last appearance at Real Madrid City's press room (14/06/07): "I want to wish the captain good luck because he has been a tower of strength for many people and for the team, and he’s been a person that a lot of people should look up to because he is very dedicated to what he does and what he believes in. Thank you to him and the rest of the team, and good luck throughout the rest of their careers". 
- Fernando Hierro (27/9/2007):"I once said that Raúl is like a Ferrari and now I think he is like a McLaren, Fernando Alonso's car."
Last modified on 27 September 2007, at 19:14
- ↑ a b c d e f g John Carlin, (Not) the Raúl thing, The Independent, June 6, 2006
- ↑ Raúl shows Man United who Real champion is, Rediff, April 9, 2003
- ↑ Hitzfeld “It’s The Perfect Time To Sign Raúl", Goal.com, February 16, 2007