Recep Tayyip Erdoğan
We are governed not by armies, but by ideas.Mona Caird
- In the land where riffraff (hinting the workers who want to celebrate May Day at Taksim Square) rule the heads, there will be Doomsday.
- The mosques are our barracks, the domes our helmets, the minarets our bayonets and the faithful our soldiers...
- Democracy is like a streetcar. When you come to your stop, you get off.
- How reputable is a doctor who flees from his hospital? An MP who runs from parliament is as reputable.
- There are people who say that "Gül can't be my president". These people don't have good manners and they should renounce their Turkish citizenships.
- (2007), quoted in Speech on Turkish citizenship
- We are all human beings. (original: Hepimiz insanız)
- (February, 2008) during his speech commemorating turkish arson victims in Germany