The Terminator is both the title of a classic 1984 science-fiction film, and an overall name for the series of three films including Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991), and Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines (2003), all featuring the eponymous cyborg played by Arnold Schwarzenegger.
- I'll be back.
- Come with me if you wanna live!
- I'm here to help you.
- Listen and understand. That terminator is out there. It can't be bargained with, it can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear, and it absolutely will not stop. Ever. Until you are dead.
- Nobody goes home. Nobody else comes through. It's just him and me.
- [Saying the message that John made him memorize] Sarah, thank you. For your courage through the dark years. I can't help you with what you must soon face, except to tell you that the future is not set...You must be stronger than you imagine you can be. You must survive, or I will never exist.
- John Connor gave me a picture of you once. I didn't know why at the time. It was very old - torn, faded. You were young like you are now. You seemed just a little sad. I used to always wonder what you were thinking at that moment. I memorized every line, every curve. I came across time for you Sarah. I love you; I always have.
- [To Reese as he is lying half conscious when the Terminator is trying to break in] Move it, Reese! On your feet, soldier! On your feet!
- [To the Terminator just before crushing him in a hydraulic press] You're terminated, fucker.
- Come on. Do I look like the mother of the future? I mean, am I tough, organized? I can't even balance my check book!
- [Recording a tape for her future son] The hardest thing is deciding what I should tell you and what not to. Well, anyway, I've got a while yet before you're old enough to understand the tapes. They're more for me at this point ... to help get it all straight. Should I tell you about your father? That's a tough one. Will it change your decision to send him here ... knowing? But if you don't send Kyle, you could never be. God, you can go crazy thinking about all this ... I suppose I'll tell you ... I owe him that. And maybe it'll be enough if you know that in the few hours we had together we loved a lifetime's worth.
- Fuck you, asshole!
- [Edited TV version] Eat this, scum!
- Looks like this guy's a couple cans short of a six-pack.
- [Seeing the naked Terminator] What is wrong with this picture?
Detective Hal Vukovich
- [To his boss, in response to "How do I look?"] Like shit, boss.
- [Edited TV version] Like you've been dead for a week.
Sarah Connor: Reese. Why me? Why's it want me?
Kyle Reese: There was a nuclear war. A few years from now, all this, this whole place, everything, it's gone. Just gone. There were survivors. Here, there. Nobody even knew who started it. It was the machines, Sarah.
Sarah Connor: I don't understand.
Kyle Reese: Defense network computers. New... powerful... hooked into everything, trusted to run it all. They say it got smart, a new order of intelligence. Then it saw all people as a threat, not just the ones on the other side. Decided our fate in a microsecond: extermination.
Sarah Connor: Did you see this war?
Kyle Reese: No. I grew up after. In the ruins... starving... hiding from H-K's.
Sarah Connor: H-K's?
Kyle Reese: Hunter-Killers: patrol machines built in automated factories. Most of us were rounded up, put in camps for orderly disposal.
[Pulls up his right sleeve, exposing a mark]
Kyle Reese: This is burned in by laser scan. Some of us were kept alive... to work... loading bodies. The disposal units ran night and day. We were that close to going out forever. But there was one man who taught us to fight, to storm the wire of the camps, to smash those metal motherfuckers into junk. He turned it around. He brought us back from the brink. His name is Connor. John Connor. Your son, Sarah... your unborn son.
The Terminator: [In a gun shop] The 12 gauge autoloader.
Shopkeeper: [Passes him the gun] That's Italian, you can go pump or auto.
The Terminator: The .45 longslide, with laser sighting.
Shopkeeper: [Passes the Terminator the gun, the Terminator "plays" with it] These are brand new, we just got them in. That's a good gun. You just touch the trigger, the beam comes on and you put the red dot where you want the bullet to go, you can't miss. Anything else?
The Terminator: Phased plasma rifle in the 40 Watt range.
Shopkeeper: Hey, just what you see, pal.
The Terminator: The Uzi 9 mm.
Shopkeeper: [Passes him the gun, the terminator "plays" with the first gun] You know your weapons, buddy. Any one of these is ideal for home defense. So, uh, which'll it be?
The Terminator: All.
Shopkeeper: I may close early today [Bends down to get paperwork, terminator loads gun] there's a, uh, 15 day wait on the handguns but the rifles you can take right now [He gets up, notices the gun being loaded], you can't do that.
The Terminator: Wrong. [Terminator shoots him].
Sarah Connor: Tell me about my son.
Kyle Reese: He's about my height. He has your eyes.
Sarah Connor: What's he like?
Kyle Reese: You trust him. He's got a strength. I'd die for John Connor.
Sarah Connor: Well... at least now I know what to name him. I don't suppose you know who the father is, so I won't tell him to get lost when I meet him?
Kyle Reese: John never said much about him. I know he dies before the war.
Sarah Connor: Wait. I don't want to know.
Mexican boy: Viene la tormenta!
Sarah Connor: What did he just say?
Gas Station Attendant: He said there's a storm coming in.
Sarah Connor: [sighs] I know.