Wallace and Gromit
If frugality were established in the state, and if our expenses were laid out to meet needs rather than superfluities of life, there might be fewer wants, and even fewer pleasures, but infinitely more happiness.Oliver Goldsmith
Wallace and Gromit are the main characters in a series of three short films by Nick Park.
See also separate page,
A Grand Day Out (1989)
- "Eeeeeeeeee, these bank holidays, it's a problem to decide..."
- "Gromit, that's it! Cheese! We'll go somewhere where there's cheese!"
- "I don't know... it's like no cheese I've ever tasted..."
- "No crackers, Gromit! We've forgotten the crackers!"
- "No cheese, Gromit. Not a bit in the house."
- "The fuse Gromit! The fuse! We forgot to light the fuse!"
- "Everybody knows the moon is made of cheese..."
The Wrong Trousers (1993)
- "No more lodgers - more trouble than they're worth. Well all's well ends well that's what I say."
- "It's the wrong trousers, Gromit, and they've gone wrong!"
- "They're techno trousers, ex-NASA, fantastic for walkies!"
- "Good grief! It's YOU!"
- "I do like a bit of gorgonzola."
- "Cracking toast, Gromit!"
- "There goes my knotted pine"
A Close Shave (1995)
- "Come over here lad - no need to feel sheepish."
- "We've tested this on Gromit - haven't we lad?"
- "Do something, Gromit!"
- "Smashing this. A bit tight here and there ..."
- "The bounce has gone from his bungie."
- "Windows are our speciality."
- "Oh yes, I'm inventing mostly."
- "Brilliant teamwork lads!"
- "I suppose you'll have to skip the country now. A fugitive, eh. You'll be hunted down like... well, a dog."
- "You're not going to turn me into dog meat."
- "Steady on - single file. Single file I said!"
- "Get yourselves organised down there!"
- "Where did you get that from? That's my machine! I've got patent pending on that."
- Wendolene: "Duck!!", Wallace: "Where?"
- "By 'eck, I thought we were all for the can then."
- "Not even Wensleydale?"
- "Get off me cheese! GET OFF!"
- Wendolene: "He's malfunctioning!" Wallace: "Mal-what!?"
- "Eh, you think we should call the pest control?"
- "Have you been peckish during the night?"
Cracking Contraptions (2002)
- "Oh, now that's just not cricket, Gromit! Anyone for tennis, perchance?"
- "Well I think we got away with that, eh pooch!"
- "Gromit, we have a problem!"
The Curse of the Were-Rabbit (2005)
- "It's just a bit of...harmless brain alteration, that's all."
- "Full suction!"
- "Oh, very cheeky!"
- "What's up, dog?" (an obvious reference to the Bugs Bunny cartoons. At this moment in the film Wallace has grown bunny ears.)
- "I'm just crackers about cheese!"
- "Say no to carrots, cabbage, and cauliflower!"
- "Love, Gromit! That's the biggest trap of all!"
- "The penguin has landed!"
- "I wonder who does their windows?"
- "I didn't do it!"
- "Give up, and I won't have Gromit attack you."
- "Attack, Gromit!"
- "This is panda-monium!"
- "There you are. What took you so long?"
- "Gromit! Help!"
- "Gromit, old pal, I'll...need assistance."
- "I've used me only ball." (the tellyscope)
- "Well done! We did it!" (exclaimed by Wallace, even though it's usually Gromit who saves the day)
- "Cracking good job, Gromit!"
- "Holy helecopters! Penguins aren't supposed to fly! We'll never catch him now. Unless." (Project Zoo)
- "I suppose you like kippers. I'm partial to a bit of black pudding myself - with bacon of course."
- "I could just fancy some cheese, Gromit. What do you say? Cheddar?"
- "All's well that ends well"
- "I'm in the mood for food!"
- "I do like a bit of Gorgonzola"
- "Wake up, Gromit!"
- "That went as well as could be expected, didn't it?"