Warcraft is a series of computer games, novels, and an announced movie. As the name implies, the Warcraft universe largely revolves around conflict.
- 1 Warcraft III
- 1.1 Reign of Chaos (2002)
- 1.2 The Frozen Throne (2003)
- 1.3 Unit quotes
- 1.3.1 Paladin
- 1.3.2 Archmage
- 1.3.3 Mountain King
- 1.3.4 Blood Mage
- 1.3.5 Blademaster
- 1.3.6 Far Seer
- 1.3.7 Tauren Chieftain
- 1.3.8 Shadow Hunter
- 1.3.9 Death Knight
- 1.3.10 Lich
- 1.3.11 Dreadlord
- 1.3.12 Crypt Lord
- 1.3.13 Keeper of the Grove
- 1.3.14 Priestess of the Moon
- 1.3.15 Demon Hunter
- 1.3.16 Warden
- 1.3.17 Beastmaster
- 1.3.18 Dark Ranger
- 1.3.19 Naga Sea Witch
- 1.3.20 Pandaren Brewmaster
- 1.3.21 Pit Lord
- 1.3.22 Goblin Tinker
- 1.3.23 Firelord
- 1.3.24 Goblin Alchemist
- 2 World of Warcraft
- 3 Unsorted
- 4 See also
- 5 External links
Reign of Chaos (2002)
- We never paid any heed to the ancient prophecies...like fools we clung to the old hatreds...and fought as we had for generations. Until the day the sky rained fire, and a new enemy came upon us. We stand now, upon the brink of destruction, for the reign of chaos has come at last.
- Medivh, the last guardian, opening cinematic
- It falls to you now, young sorceress. You must lead your people to the west to the ancient lands of Kalimdor. Only there can you combat the shadow and save this world from the flame.
- Medivh to Jaina Proudmoore after Arthas' "purge" of Stratholme
- Terenas: Ah, my son...
Arthas: You no longer need to sacrifice for your people. You no longer need to bear the weight of your crown. I've taken care of everything.
Arthas approaches Terenas and draws his sword.
Terenas: What is this? What are you doing, my son?
Arthas: Succeeding you, Father...
Arthas impales Terenas; Terenas gasps.
Arthas removes his blade and Terenas' crown falls to the floor, broken and blood-stained.
Arthas: Let your eyes be closed...
Arthas: This kingdom shall fall, and from the ashes shall arise a new order that will shake the very foundations of the world!
- Cinematic, "Arthas' Betrayal"
- Uther: I dearly hope that there's a special place in hell waiting for you, Arthas.
- Arthas: We may never know, Uther. I intend to live forever.
- Uther's last words before being slain by Arthas
- From this seal shall arise the doom of men, who, in their arrogance, sought to wield our fire as their own. Blindly they build their kingdoms upon stolen knowledge and conceit. Now they shall be consumed by the very flame they sought to control.
- Archimonde, before destroying Dalaran
- Tremble, mortals, and despair, for doom has come to this world.
- Archimonde, after being summoned
- Mannoroth: Heh, heh, heh...So predictable. I knew you would come. And I see you've brought the mighty Hellscream. His blood is mine, as is your whole misbegotten race!
Thrall shouts and hurls the Doomhammer at Mannoroth, who blocks.
Mannoroth: A worthy effort, but futile.
Mannoroth advances and knocks Thrall into a cliff face.
Mannoroth: The boy believed you could be saved, but he didn't know what burns within your soul when in your heart, you know we are the same.
Grom Hellscream: Noooo!
Grom speeds towards Mannoroth and buries his axe in the demon's chest. Mannoroth screams and explodes, flooding the area with magic energy. Grom falls on his back, and Thrall approaches, injured. He falls to his knees and regards his friend.
Grom Hellscream: Thrall...the blood haze has lifted. The demon's fire has burnt out in my veins. I have...freed myself.
Grom coughs and exhales.
Thrall: No old friend, you've freed us all.
Thrall throws his head back and cries out.
- Cinematic, "The Death of Hellscream"
- Only the Goddess can forbid me anything, Furion!
- After Furion forbids Tyrande to go free Illidan
- Tyrande: I have not had the luxury of sleeping through thousands of years of turmoil.
Furion: If your eternal vigil has hardened you, my love, it must be part of your goddess' plan.
- After Tyrande's massacre of maddened Furbolgs and Furion's statement that she was no longer merciful and sensitive.
- If pride gives us pause, my love, perhaps we have lived long enough. And remember, whatever comes, My Love, our bonding is eternal.
- Malfurion Stormrage to Tyrande, when discussing the destruction of the World Tree and the loss of Night Elf immortality in order to destroy Archimonde.
- To arms, my brethren! To arms, brave orcs and humans! Twilight falls, and the enemy awaits.
- Malfurion Stormrage, before the final battle against Archimonde
- The roots will heal in time, as will the entire world. The sacrifices have been made. Just as the orcs, humans, and night elves stood united against a common foe, so did nature herself rise up to banish the shadow. As for me, I came back to ensure that there would be a future, to teach the world that it no longer needed guardians. The hope for future generations has always resided in mortal hands. And now that my task is done, I shall take my place amongst the legends of the past.
- Medivh's farewell
The Frozen Throne (2003)
- Betrayer...in truth, it was I who was betrayed. Still, I am hunted. Still, I am hated. Now, my blind eyes see what others cannot. That sometimes the hand of fate must be forced!
The Naga arise from the depths
Now, go forth. Unleash the tides of doom. Upon all those who would oppose us!
- Illidan Stormrage, opening cinematic
- A quick death... like the one you gave me? No. You're going to suffer as I did. Thanks to my arrow, you can't even run. Give my regards to hell, you son of a bitch.
- Sylvanas Windrunner, after Arthas tells her to kill him
- I am the Hand of Justice, Illidan. Long ago, I swore an oath to keep you chained, and by the Gods, I shall!
- Maeiv Shadowsong
- The Capital City is ours. But we are no longer part of the Scourge. From here on out, we shall be known as the Forsaken. We will find our own path in this world, Dreadlord, and slaughter anyone who stands in our way!
- Sylvanas Windrunner
- Arthas is seen ascending the spire of Icecrown Glacier. His thoughts are flooded with lines from comrades long past.
Uther: ...to turn to bloodlust, we will become as vile as the orcs.
Uther: You are not my king yet, boy!
Muradin Bronzebeard: Forget this business! Lead your men home!
Uther:Nor would I obey that command even if you were!"
Arthas: Damn it, Uther! As your future king, I order you to...
Uther: Have you lost your mind, Arthas?!
Arthas: ...I must consider this an act of treason.
Uther:...and you've ground it to dust in a matter of days.
Muradin Bronzebeard: You lied to your men, and betrayed the mercenaries who fought for you! What's happening to you, Arthas?
Medivh: Your young prince will find only death in the cold north...
Arthas reaches the Frozen Throne.
Ner'zhul: Return the blade. Complete the circle. Release me from this prison!
Arthas cries out and strikes the block of ice. It shatters, and Ner'zhul's helm falls to the ground. Arthas dons it, and his eyes move about rapidly under their lids. His eyes open, and glow with radiant blue light.
Arthas/Ner'zhul: Now, we are one.
Arthas is last seen seated atop the Frozen Throne.
- Cinematic, Arthas' ascension
- "I live to serve all believers."
- "It's hammer time!" (MC Hammer)
- "Let me face the peril." (Monty Python and the Holy Grail)
- "Touch me not, for I am chaste! (Above film)
- "I want to be your sledgehammer." (Peter Gabriel - Sledgehammer)
- "No? Is that your final answer?" (Who Wants To Be A Millionaire)
- "I have bad brethren."
- "Is that a sword? Luxury! Is that a horse? Sloth! Is that a helmet? Vanity!" (Monty Python and the Holy Grail again...)
- "Don't you have a strategy?"
- "I don't waste my magic on just anything. (horse chortles)"
- "You'd best stay clear of me, or I'll turn you into a mindless sheep!"
- "This had better be worth it!"
- "Could you put some bonus points in my drinking skills?" (Reference to the Dungeons & Dragons skill sheet)
- "There's nothing more motivating than fighting with a bad hangover!"
- "Where's the pub?"
- "Let's get pissed!"
- "Where's the nearest fish and chip shop?"
- "All right, who wants some?"
- "What the bloody hell are you playing at?"
- "For Khaz Modan!"
- "I find your insolence… disturbing." (Star Wars)
- "If you don't master your anger, your anger will master you. I should know." (Mystery Men)
- Blood Mage: "Hi, my name is Roy. I'm a magic addict."
Group: "Hi Roy." (parody of Alcoholics Anonymous)
- "My blood cries out for the vengeance of my people's blood, which can only be repaid with at least twice as much blood! Or maybe three times as much blood! Like if you went to hell, and it was full of blood, and that blood was on fire, and it was raining blood, then maybe that would be enough blood! Eh… but probably not."
- "For Quel'thalas!"
- "The ghosts of Quel'thalas cry out for vengeance."
- "They shall burn!"
- "Bah! Childsplay"
- "Snatch the pebble from my hand, grasshopper." (Kung Fu Reference)
- "My blade can cut through armour, and still cut a tomato!" (The commercial for the Ginsu knife)
- "Twin blade action, for clean close shave every time!" (Gillette Mach 3 razor ad campaign)
- "Wassaabi?" (Budweiser ad campaign)
- "My blade seeks vengeance!"
- "Taste my blade!"
- "I see dead people." (Reference to the movie The Sixth Sense., also the cheat to reveal the map)
- "Touch your tongue to mine. (wolf whines)" (reference to Thumb Wars, a Star Wars parody film)
- "Outlook not so good." (Reference to the Magic 8-Ball)
- "Concentrate and ask again." (Magic 8-Ball)
- "Reply hazy. Try again." (Again, the Magic 8-Ball)
- "Seeing is believing."
- "Pass the peace pipe." (Shanghai Noon reference?)
- "Hey. Puff, puff, give. That's the rule." (A reference to Friday)
- "Ohhh… I can see my ancestors!"
- "Back in the old days, we didn't have plural." (referring to the fact that the word "tauren" is both singular and plural)
- "Only two things come from Texas, and I've got horns." (The phrase "Only two things come from Texas: steers and queers" from An Officer and a Gentleman and Full Metal Jacket)
- "Steer clear."
- "May my ancestors watch over me."
- "Call me for your free readin'." (Reference to self-proclaimed psychic, Miss Cleo)
- "Humans! They think they know everyting!" (Sebastian from The Little Mermaid)
- "The Commander is a fool." (Reference to Mr. T)
- "You lack discipline!" (Reference to Detective John Kimble in Kindergarten Cop)
- "Stop whining!" (Reference to above film)
- "Look at me, I'm happy."
- (Barry White voice) "Ooh, baby."
- "I pity the fool." (Another Mr. T reference)
- "You're the baddest soul in town, mon."
- "Want to see something real scary?" (Twilight Zone reference)
- "Who do I kill first?"
- "Direct my blade."
- "Killin' be easy."
- "Has Hell frozen over yet?"
- "I am the one horseman of the Apocalypse!"
- "I hate people, but I love gatherings." (A subtle Clerks reference)
- "Don't touch me. I'm evil." (A reference to Time Bandits)
- "Ride… or die!" (A reference to DMX and the Ruff Rydas)
- "The pact is sealed."
- "I'm a death knight rider. (laughs)" (reference to Knight Rider TV series with David Hasselhoff)
- "Could you chew that up for me?"
- "I'm so poor, I don't even have calcium deposits."
- "I am the ghost of Warcraft past." (Reference to A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens)
- "I hear that Banshee's a real screamer."
- "You should see the skeletons in my closet."
- "Imhotep…" (The Mummy)
- "All the ladies dig rigor mortis."
- "You are the weakest Lich, goodbye." (Reference to the show "The Weakest Link")
- "Dead man walking..."
- "Ancient evil survives."
- (phone rings) "Yes? Oh, for the last time. I'm a DREADlord, not a DRUGlord."
- "This is not a dress. It's the standard Dreadlord uniform." (This is a reference to early models of the Dreadlord, in which the Dreadlord was seen wearing an outfit that looked very much like a dress. This was changed before the game was released)
- "Dress to kill. Blah!" (possible reference to the Symphony X song "Dressed to Kill")
- "If I have wings, why am I always walking?"
- (phone rings) "Yes? Darkness, hey, what's up? The Demon Hunter left you a message? No I don't have his number." (first part of the random conversation between darkness and Illidan)
- "And then, after I overthrow this fool… Oh! Hello! I– I didn't know you were there." (referring to the player)
- "Your soul is mine!" (a reference from Mortal Kombat)
- "The strands of destiny weave only a web of death."
- "It was good to be the king." (A reference from History of the World, Part I)
- "Humans check in. They don't check out."
- "I'm the fifth beetle." (in a British accent)
- "And they say Blizzard games don't have bugs."
- The Crypt Lord is a monster that is similar to a beetle.
- "The Scourge will devour all!"
- "I serve only the Frozen Throne!"
Keeper of the Grove
- "My father was mounted over someone's fireplace."
- "Feel natural, nature's way."
- "Don't let the doe hit you on the way out."
- Character is part man, part deer; "doe" is a female deer.
- "When I attack, part 3."
- "Free rides… for the ladies."
Priestess of the Moon
- "Prepare to be moonstruck!" (Possible Reference to AC/DC's Thunderstruck)
- "My tiger was trained for war. He's grrrrreat!" (Reference to Tony the Tiger, the cartoon mascot for Kellogg's Frosted Flakes)
- "Curiosity killed my last ride." (Reference to the saying "Curiosity killed the cat")
- "I got my tiger used from Siegfried and Roy."
- "Crouch, tiger! I sense a hidden dragon!"
- "We always land on our feet!"
- "When a treant falls in the forest, does it make a sound?"
- "Warriors of the Night, Assemble!" [Tiger roars]
- "Demon blood is thicker than... regular blood."
- "I like my enemies dead, and my blades flaming."
- "You will perish in flames! (coughs) Ahem, sorry."
- "Darkness called… But I was on the phone, so I missed him. I tried to *69 Darkness, but his machine picked up. I yelled "Pick up the phone, Darkness!," but he ignored me. Darkness must have been screening his calls." (Referenced by numerous Undead)
- (backwards speech) (Sounding like "Seert neerg vol eah!", when played backwards he's saying "I love green trees!" A reference to supposed "demonic" speech hidden in reverse in audio recordings.)
- "At last we shall have revenge."
- "I shall fight fire with fire."
- "Chaos boils in my veins."
- "Truth, justice, and the Night Elf way!" (Reference to Superman: The Movie (1978))
- "What we have here is a failure to communicate." (Cool Hand Luke)
- "Justice may be blind, but I'm not."
- "He's of no use to me if he's dead." (Reference to Boba Fett from Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back)
- "I shall be your executioneer."
- "Only the guilty need fear me."
- "You think you're above the law?"
- "My prey is near."
- "Where I lay my head is home. See that rock? That's my pillow." ("Wherever I May Roam" by Metallica)
- "The beasts around me are nothing compared to the beast within."
- "I summon the… ah, ACHOO! (horrific beast roars)" (possible Reference to Ash's failed spell in Army of Darkness)
- "Don't have a cow. (A cow moos) Oh, dear. (A deer snorts) Oops! Please, bear with me. (A bear roars) Oh, rats. (Rats squeek and scurry)"
- "I shall summon the Afete Dwain'tor!"
- "I hear the call of the wild"(The Call of the Wild is a novella by American writer Jack London)
- "Unleash my strength"
- "I'm ready to track"
- "Force them out"
- "What lies before me?"
- "By fang and claw!" (twist on the phrase "by tooth and nail", or possibly referring to the term "nature red in tooth and claw"))
- "I'm acting on instict." ("Act On Instinct" is a track of the game Command & Conquer)
- "On the prowl!" (so is "On The Prowl")
- "Direct my hatred."
- "Let the living beware."
- "Goal: death."
- "You're the lucky one."
- "I hate what I've become."
- "The living haunt me."
- "Men are from Mars, I'm from the grave." (Twist on the saying that "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus")
- "I went on a job interview the other day and they were like 'uhh, what's that smell?' and I was like, 'Oh, sorry, it's me'. And then they said they didn't think I'd be able to fit in with the other employees, 'cause they're living and, you know, I'm dead, so I wouldn't be a team player. But then I said I could work 24 hours. And they said 'Oh, right. You could work the graveyard shift'."
Naga Sea Witch
- "I keep tripping over this damn tail."
- "Damn sea water! I'll never get these coils out of my hair!"
- "It's far too bright in this surface world, and this.. *sniff* fresh air is irritating my eyes!"
- "If you think I'm cute you should see my cousin!"
- "I will not be trifled with"
- "Time is short, mortal."
- "Taste my sting"
- "Ale is my bear necessity." (A reference to the song "Bear Necessities" sung by Baloo in Disney's Jungle Book)
- "Last Call before closing."
- "Come drown your sorrows."
- "This'll put hair all over you."
- "I'd kiss you, but I've got puke breath." (Reference from Bob and Doug McKenzie's movie "Strange Brew")
- "My dad… he was bipolar." (a pun on an ursine species and/or a reference to 'Queer Duck')
- "I can't breed in captivity." (A reference to the difficulty in breeding panda bears in captivity)
- "Fresh, cool ale here!"
- "You seem a little parched."
- "Another round?"
- "I'll give it a shot"
- "Have one on the house."
- "I'll put it on your tab."
- "This will be grizzly!"
- "Now you're endangered!"
- "Prepare to get trashed!"
- "I bring PANDAmonium! (Pandemonium)
- "You know what burns my ass? A flame about this high."
- "Unh, I think I have someone stuck in my teeth."
- "Hey, hey, hey!"
- "I think a certain finesse is called for here. RAAAARGH!"
- (Talk show intro music)
Announcer: "Welcome back to...Jaina in the morning!"
Jaina: "We're here with Malvingeroth, Hunter of Night, and his girlfriend Kim. Now Kim, you think you're here for a makeover, right?"
Kim (sounding confused): "Um, yeah..."
Jaina: "Mal, why don't you tell her why you're really here?"
Pit Lord (embarrassed): "Well, Kim-cake, I love you but I have something to tell you… uh, I'm a demon."
Crowd member: "Oh boy, he pulled the wool over your eyes!"
Pit Lord: "Actually, more of a… Pit Lord."
Kim: "What? I don't understand."
(crowd starts shouting angrily)
Crowd member: "He's a bum! Throw him out!"
Kim: "I thought you said you work for the post office?"
Pit Lord: "Well, I moonlight."
- "I come from the darkness of the pit."
- "In Mannoroth's name!" (Mannoroth is a hero pit lord in Reign of Chaos)
- "Tremble before me!"
- "I bring darkness!"
- "You fail to amuse me"
- "What a foolish ploy!"
- "To the slaughter!"
- "I go to destroy!" (maybe a reference to Rammstein's song "Zerstören")
- "This won't please me!"
- "I'm more than meets the eye." (Transformers reference)
- "(bell rings) Uh-oh, my Tinker bell." (Peter Pan reference)
- "Yeah, runs on 220, 221. Whatever it takes." (Mr. Mom reference)
- "She'll hold together. (quietly) Hear that, baby? Hold together." (Star Wars reference)
- "(squeaking, then a loud explosion) Woah! Gonna need a new hamster."
- "That noise? That's a bad noise." (Galaxy Quest reference)
- "I've got a rocket in my pocket." (Reference to Earthworm Jim, which in his turn is a reference to the Dr. Seuss book "I've got a woket in my poket")
- "That guy's nuts! Grab 'em!" (Reference to the comedian "The Champ")
- "Yeah, baby." (spoken as the Evil Midnight Bomber What Bombs at Midnight from The Tick)
- "I will reduce all to ashes."
- "No thanks, I don't smoke."
- "Damn moths. Unh…"
- "Am I hot, or what?"
- "Why does that bear with the Forest Ranger hat keep following me?" (referring to Smokey the Bear)
- "So thirsty... (throaty, dry gurgle)"
- "I am the lord of all fire! *splash* (meek, and weedy) Hey, that wasn't funny."
- "Care for a cocktail?"
- "What do you want to be when you blow up?" (Reference to parents talk to children, just "grow" instead of "blow")
- "I'm a chemical superfreak." (The Rock reference)
- "No! Shake it, not… (sudden explosion)" (possible reference to James Bond)
- Alchemist: "Ugh, one of these potions smells awful..."
Ogre: (giggles quietly)
- (Glass breaking)
Alchemist: "Oh, no, what did I drop?"
Ogre: "Oh yeah..." (Marvin Gaye begins to play in background)
Alchemist: "Wait, what are you doing?! Oh no! Not the love potion!"
- "Ready to brew"
World of Warcraft
- Four years have passed since the mortal races banded together and stood united against the might of the Burning Legion. Though Azeroth was saved, the tenuous pact between the Horde and the Alliance has all but evaporated. The drums of war thunder once again.
- Imprisoned for ten thousand years...
Banished from my own homeland...
And now you dare enter my realm?
You are not prepared...
Cinematic showing a draenei paladin, Blood Elf priestess, orc warrior, troll priest, human mage, tauren druid, and Forsaken warlock in action. The camera soon comes back to Illidan, holding the Skull of Gul'dan, dropping it, and taking flight.
You are not prepared!
- Illidan Stormrage, opening cinematic
- His name brought light to darkest Azeroth.
His valor tore the walls of mis'ry down.
The Silver Hand would ne'er do better more
than give the world the knight who'd give himself.
His fame was not that which he sought to grow.
Nor was the lordship over his own kind.
Instead he chose to fight for Lordaeron
to hope his kin would have to fight no more.
The tragic tale of this most holy knight
will never end with his unholy death.
We honor him, and we shall give him thanks!
Uther always shall know glory and light!
- For the Light!, in-game book from the Harvest Festival.
- His name will not die.
His sacrifice will always serve to show the way.
Shackles once that choked the inhale of honor's breath no longer bind us.
Can you hear his scream?
A battle wail for the Horde: Victory or death!
We must remember his strength in the face of death.
His dream, reality.
Dangers are abound.
Enemies seek to bring us back to the shackles.
When we fight, think of he who did what must be done.
Grom Hellscream, forever!
- The Horde's Hellscream, in-game book from the Harvest Festival.
- It's begun.
Young heroes, I was once like you.
You have come to this place seeking to bring judgement upon the damned.
You will venture deep into forgotten lands.
You will see wonders beyond imagining.
But, be warned. The land itself will rise up against you.
Long forgotten terrors will smother your courage.
Sacrifice everything as the final darkness falls...
In the end, all that awaits you is death.
Only then will you understand,
you've been following in my footsteps all along.
So come then, you heroes! Come in all your power and glory!
For in the final hour, all must serve the one... true... king...
- The Lich King, Wrath of the Lich King trailer
- My son...the day you were born, the very forests of Lordaeron whispered the name...Arthas.
My child...I watched with pride as you grew into a weapon...of righteousness.
Remember, our line has always ruled with wisdom and strength,
and I know you will show restraint in exercising your great power.
But the truest victory, my son, is stirring the hearts of your people.
I tell you this, for when my days have come to an end...you shall be King.
- King Terenas Menethil II, Wrath of the Lich King Intro
- You no take candle!
- Arthas! The blood of your father, of your people demands justice! Come forth coward, and answer for your crimes!
- You shall pay for all the lives you've stolen, traitor!
- Highlord Bolvar Fordragon
- Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies… strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night… live my brethren, live.
- King Terenas - map description of Terenas Stand (Warcraft III patch map)
- The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn.
- We don't go do stupid things when somebody yells, 'For the Horde'.
- This! Was! Not! In my contract!
- Can't we all just get along?
- I am Void where prohibited
- I... don't like... this place
- Are you too pathetic to fight your own battles?