Wild at Heart (film)
The object of love is to serve, not to win.Woodrow Wilson
- Written and directed by David Lynch, based on Barry Gifford's novel Wild at Heart: The Story of Sailor and Lula.
- Rockin' good news.
- Man, I had a boner with a capital "O".
- I'd like to apologize to you gentlemen for referring to you all as homosexuals. You taught me a valuable lesson in life.
- She turns over, peels off them orange pants, spreads her legs real wide and says to me..."Take a bite of Peach."
- Stab it and steer.
- [to Lula] The way your head works is God's own private mystery.
- [to Lula] Those toenails dry yet, sweetheart? We got some dancin' to do.
- Cheez Louise! Sailor, baby, you're really somethin'!
- This whole world's wild at heart and weird on top.
- [to Sailor] Uh oh. Baby, you'd better get me back to that hotel. You got me hotter than Georgia asphalt.
- It's Night of the Livin' fuckin' Dead!
- [to Lula] Ya know, I sure do like a girl with nice tits like yours who talks tough and looks like she can fuck like a bunny. Do you fuck like that? Cause if ya do, I'll fuck ya good. Like a big ol' jackrabbit bunny, jump all around that hole. Bobby Peru don't come up for air.
- Say it! I'll tear your fuckin' heart out, girl!
- Speaking of Jack, One eyed Jack's yearning to go a peeping in a seafood store!
- Marietta Fortune: Buffalo hunting? I've gone buffalo huntin'? What the fuck does that mean? Buffalo huntin'!
- Cousin Dell: I'm making my lunch!
- OO Spool: My dog barks some. Mentally you picture my dog, but I have not told you the type of dog which I have. Perhaps you even picture Toto, from "The Wizard of Oz." But I warn you, my dog is always with me. WOOF!
- Lula: That Johnnie is one clever detective. You know how clever?
- Sailor: How clever?
- Lula: He told me once he could find an honest man in Washington.
- Sailor: Did I ever tell ya that this here jacket represents a symbol of my individuality, and my belief in personal freedom?
- Lula: About fifty thousand times.
- Guy at Nightclub: You look like a clown in that stupid jacket.
- Sailor: This is a snakeskin jacket! And for me it's a symbol of my individuality, and my belief... in personal freedom.
- Guy at Nightclub: Asshole.
- Sailor: C'mere.
- Marietta Fortune: [stumbling into men's room with a martini] Oh Sailor boy, sailor boy-eee! How would you like to fuck Lula's momma? 'Cause Lula's momma would like to fuck you.
- Sailor: Uh, no ma'am, I sure don't.
- Bob Ray Lemon: Marietta tells me you been tryin to fuck her in the toilet for the past ten minutes... How 'bout that, tryin to fuck your girl's mama... Tell me, what's that little cunt Lula think about that?
- Sailor: Uh-oh.
- Lula: One of these days the sun's gonna come up and burn a hole clean through the planet like a giant electrical x-ray.
- Sailor: I wouldn't worry about that, Peanut. By then people'll prob'ly be drivin Buicks to the moon.
- Bobby Peru: I gotta take a piss bad, can I use your head?
- Lula: Uh... yeah, I guess.
- Bobby Peru: I don't mean your head-head. I'm not gonna piss on your head, your hair and all, I'm just gonna piss in the toilet. Y'all take a listen, you'll hear the deep sound comin' down from Bobby Peru.
- Lula: When'd you start smoking, Sail?
- Sailor: I guess I started smoking when I was about... four. My momma was already dead then from lung cancer.
- Bobby Peru: Say cheese!
- [Shoots bank employee]
- Sailor: Cool it man!
- Bobby Peru: You're next... fucker!
- [Sailor's gun doesn't fire]
- Bobby Peru: Those are... dummies... dummy!
- Sailor: [about Lula's Cousin Dell] Too bad he couldn't visit that old Wizard of Oz, and get some good advice.
- Lula: Too bad we all can't baby.
- Nicolas Cage - Sailor Ripley
- Laura Dern - Lula Fortune
- Willem Dafoe - Bobby Peru
- J.E. Freeman - Marcelles Santos
- Crispin Glover - Cousin Dell
- Diane Ladd - Marietta Fortune
- Calvin Lockhart - Reggie
- Isabella Rossellini - Perdita Durango
- Harry Dean Stanton - Johnnie Farragut
- Grace Zabriskie - Juana Durango
- Sherilyn Fenn - Girl in Accident
- Marvin Kaplan - Uncle Pooch
- Gregg Dandridge - Bob Ray Lemon
- Sheryl Lee - The Good Witch
- Jack Nance - OO Spool
- John Lurie - Sparky