It is a good thing that life is not as serious as it seems to a waiter.Don Herold
He is currently teaching Qom seminarians and is considered a reformer in Iran's government.
- It is my interpretation from the Koran that all people have equal rights. That means men and women, Muslims and non-Muslims too, and in a society where all people have equal rights, that means all people should make decisions equally. ... This doesn't mean that we're changing God's law, It just means were reinterpreting laws according to the development of science - and the realities of the times.
Animosity towards America
- Undue enmity with enemies does not serve the interests of the system. Enemies must be dealt with wisely and prudently.
- The leaders of the Pahlavi regime, in an attempt to forestall the rising tide of the Islamic revolutionary movement, were hard at work to cast doubt on the question of the Imam Khomeini's position as a Marja'a (a top religious authority) and in this way, undermine public faith in his academic, political and religious competence.
- The Exploitation of Religion Must Be Opposed.
Shias and Sunnis
- Unfortunately, the source of all this conflict between the Sunnis and Shia is some major powers that do not want religious unity amongst Muslims.
- Despotic rules are attempting to deprive women of their rights.
- from interviews with American journalist Robin Wright in Tehran June 2000, from: Wright, Robin, Sacred Rage, Simon and Schuster, (2001), p.280
- Ahmadinejad under fire for making enemies March 2007
- Human Rights in Iran (2): Persecution of Intellectuals December 2006
- The Women’s Mufti: Interview with Grand Ayatollah Yousef Saanei, Asharq Alawsat, April 2007