Ōkami (大神, Ōkami? lit. "great god", though also a pun for "wolf") is an action-adventure video game developed by Clover Studio and distributed by Capcom. It was released for the Sony PlayStation 2 video game console in 2006 in Japan and North America, and 2007 in Europe and Australia. Despite the closure of Clover Studios a few months after the 2006 PlayStation 2 release, a port for Nintendo's Wii console was produced by Ready at Dawn and Capcom, and was released in March, 2008.
- Amaterasu, now is the time. We have never needed your power more. Shine your divine light upon this broken and polluted world. Let your heavenly rays become our hope as you guide us all!
- May the fresh scent of flowers protect you always.
- Repeats every time you return to the Cave of Nagi.
- Once I've made a decision, you can't stop me!
- A handsome guy like me should never be covered in wolf slobber!
- Leap before you think!
- Nice going, furball!
- Let's have one of those famous howls of yours!
- I finally chose my path. And I have the resolve to see it through!
- So c'mon everybody! Let's join together to call upon the great god. Let's show Ammy that we truly believe! Put your hands together and pray. Let's make our gratitude obvious! I mean, we shouldn't pray only when we want something. We should consider how the gods must feel once in a while. We should even take on some of their burden. If you pray with all your heart, maybe the sun will cheer up and show itself once again, lighting our world with its heavenly glow.
- Whoa! She's stacked!
- Upon meeting the priestess Rao/Tsuzurao
- Hi-yo Orca away!
- It's all squishy-squashy!
- Still, you look a lot like that statue of Shiranui. On the other hand, you don't look quite as smart...
- Talking to Amaterasu on the sun deck.
- Well, I'm not one to mince words. I just state the facts.
- Waka, the gods' gift to man is here! Bonjour!
- Look, the moon! The moon! The moon came out!
- It takes two to tango. The bond of the brush shall intercede!
- Life is all about resolve. Outcome is secondary. It is resolve that determines the value of your life.
- Hark! The call of the heavens, the Earth, the sea... They summon me forth to defeat evil!
- I foresee a DOG-gone difficult quest...
- Let's rock baby! (A famous line from the Viewtiful Joe series, also created by Clover. It is said just before the first fight with him.)
- Hold it right there, Fido!
- I am the greatest warrior that ever lived!
- Behind this rock lies my secret training ground. It's the perfect place to hide. Er... I mean, to train!
- There's too much suffering in the world. I'm going to use my saké to rid us of this evil menace!
- Well, what have we here? It looks like I have an adorable lupine visitor.
- I'll be a monkey's uncle! You've got the cash, have you?
- Aaaaaaah! OOOOH!
- Listen, wolf. Gaining experience in a single skill is admirable. But you must never lose the drive for self-improvement. I pray that you do not forget that.
- When one tries to master something, it ends in either success or failure. But it is in the attempt itself where you find the true value. Believe in your own power and walk your own path.
- The time to weild the legendary sword Kutone is now!
- Komuso: I have chosen the path of Buddha, but in you I sense another power. And I see the path you have chosen is also a path of truth.
- Spider Queen/Geisha Spider: How dare you! Dog is not usually on my menu, but I shall make you an exception!
- The Brush Gods: Ah... Amaterasu. Origin of all that is good and mother to us all...
- Greeting every time you free a brush god.
- Blockhead: Ga-ha! I am Blockhead! I guard this place so that all shall pass! Er, wait... I mean, none shall pass!
- Nameless Man: All I want is to live with nature in peace, man
- Ida: I've fallen and I can't get up! Must be a curse...
Sakuya: Were you napping in my clothes again, bug?
Issun: Bug? I told you a thousand times not to call me that!
Rao/Tsuzurao: Hm? C-Can't you swim any faster, Amaterasu?
Issun: Huh? I mean, what do you expect, babe? Ammy's a wolf, not a speedboat... Oh, I get it, babe... You wanna go to the bathroom, right? Heh heh heh. We don't mind... And there's nothing but wide-open sea all around. Nobody's looking! Go ahead! That's what everyone does!
Rao/Tsuzurao: You don't understand!
Issun: N-No! You've got it all wrong! I wasn't looking at your watermelons!
Issun: Um... Never mind.
Issun: What now!?
Susano: You... You foul beast! How did you get in here!?
Issun: Foul beast?
Susano: You have some nerve sneaking into my private training ground. Now you shall get a taste of my new secret technique!
Issun: Your "foul beast" looks like an ordinary sleepy bear to me, pops.
Susano: Enough talk! My blade thirsts for battle! Here goes nothing! Susano-Style SUSANO!!!
*Susano attacks the bear*
Susano: That'll teach you, you foolish beast! You're no match for my secret technique!
Issun: ... ...
Susano: *cough cough* Um... Uh... Rest in peace, foul beast. The great warrior Susano condemns the offense, not the offender.