The Fifth Element
Life at the greatest and best is but a froward child, that must be humored and coaxed a little till it falls asleep, and then all the care is over.Oliver Goldsmith
(Redirected from 5th Element, The)
- Written and directed by Luc Besson.
- Listen lady, I only speak two languages; English and bad English.
- Big Badda Boom.
- Don't watch that stuff all day. It'll rot your brain.
- Police Officer: Sir, are you classified as human?
Negative, I am a meat popsicle.
- [Opens his fridge with General Munro and his aides frozen inside] I'll take the mission. [takes travel tickets from Munro and closes the fridge door]
- [After shooting Aknot between the eyes] Anyone else wanna negotiate?
- [referring to Leeloo's escape from the police] We got lucky. If they don't chase you after a mile, they don't chase ya. [back shot of Korban's taxi, with 4 advancing cops in a diamond configuration] Maybe it's two miles. Hang On.
- Look lady, I'm all for a conversation but maybe you can just SHUT UP for a minute.
- [Holding the last match he has] Don't breathe.
- Eto Akta Gamat
- Korben Dallas: What's your name?
Leeloo Minai Lekarariba-Laminai-Tchai Ekbat De Sebat.
Korben Dallas: Good. That... that whole thing's your name, huh? Do you have, uh... a shorter name?
- Please... help.
- Ooh Domo danko
- You no trouble. Me... Fifth element... supreme being... me, protect you... Hmm? Sleep.
Korben Dallas: Oh, so you speak English now.
Yes. I learn.
- Everything you create, you use to destroy.
Korben Dallas: Yeah, we call it human nature.
- I do not know love. I was trained to protect, not to love.
- Fire burns, wind blows, rain falls...
- Leeloo Dallas Multi-pass.
Jean-Baptiste Emanuel Zorg
- Life, which you so nobly serve, comes from destruction, disorder, and chaos.
- So what if the Federal Government scattered your people into the wind? What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Your time for revenge is at hand. Voila, the ZF-1. [activates a ZF-1 and holds it] It's light; handle's adjustable for easy carrying; good for righties and lefties; breaks down into four parts; undetectable by X-ray; ideal for quick discreet interventions. A word on firepower. Titanium recharger; 3000-round clip with bursts of 3 to 300. With the replay button, another Zorg invention, it's even easier. [lights reveal a mannequin in a police armor] One shot... [shoots mannequin]...and replay send every following shot to the same location. [shoots at Mangalores but all the bullets go to the mannequin] And to finish the job, all the Zorg oldies but goldies. [fires every weapon at the mannequin as he mentions them] Rocket launcher... arrow launcher with exploding or poisonous gas heads, very practical... our famous net launcher... the always-efficient flamethrower, my favorite... [winks to the Mangalores] and for the grand finale, the all-new 'Ice-cube System'. [fires a cloud of liquid nitrogen which freezes the remains of the mannequin. The Mangalores applaud politely.]
- Tell you what I do like though: A killer. A dyed-in-the-wool killer. Cold-blooded, clean, methodical and thorough. Now a real killer, when he picked up the ZF1, would have immediately asked about the little red button on the bottom of the gun. [a Mangalore presses the button, detonating a large explosive] Bring me the priest.
- I... am... VERY... DISAPPOINTED!
- You see, Father, by creating a little destruction, I'm actually encouraging life. In reality, you and I are in the same business. Cheers.
- [laughs manically] ...They're not here... [begins to cry in distress]
- If you want something done, do it yourself!
- Flight Attendant: Mr. Rhod, you are going to have to assume your individual position.
I don't want one position, I want all positions!
- Freeze those knees, my chickadees!
- Quiver ladies, quiver.
- We’ll find out everything there is to know about the D man: his dreams, his desires, his most intimates of intimates, and from what I’m looking at, intimate is this stud muffin’s middle name! So tell me my man, are you nervous in the service?
Korben Dallas: Mmm... not really.
- Korben, sweetheart, what was that? IT WAS BAD! It had nothing! NO FIRE! NO ENERGY! NO NOTHING! You know I have a show to run here, you know? Hmm? Hmm? And it must pop, Pop, POP! So tomorrow from five to seven, will you please act like you have more than a two word vocabulary? It must be green, okay? Okay?
- And now we enter what must be the most beautiful concert hall of all the universe! A perfect replica of the old opera house! ...But who cares?"
- What's wrong with you?! What you screaming for?! Every five minutes there's somethin', it's a bomb or somethin'! I'm leavin'! Bzzzzt!
- Korben, my man, what are ya doing?"
Korben Dallas: Tryin' to keep ya in the DJ business.
- Father Vito Cornelius: Weddings?
- Father Vito Cornelius: What are you doing?
Korben Dallas: Trying to save your ass so you can save the world.
- Father Vito Cornelius: Where's the robot to pat you on the back? Or the engineer? Or the children, maybe? There, you see now, how all your so-called power counts for absolutely nothing now, how your entire empire can come crashing down because of one... little... cherry.
- Father Vito Cornelius: Evil begets evil, Mr. President. Shooting will only make it stronger.
- Professor Pacoli: Aziz! Light!
- Professor Pacoli: Aziz! Light! [powerful lights from the Mondoshawan spaceship turn on] Much better. Thank you, Aziz.
- Professor Pacoli: [to Mondoshawan guardians] Are you German?
- Gemini Croquet: [in contest commercial] Perfect meal for a perfect world.
- Mr. Kim: You got a message.
- Korben Dallas: Yeah.
- Mr. Kim: You're not gonna open it? Could be important.
- Korben Dallas: Yeah, like the last two I got were important. The first one was from my wife, telling me she was leaving. The second was from my lawyer, telling me he was leaving…with my wife.
- Mr. Kim: Aigh, that is bad luck. But grandfather say, "It never rain everyday". This is good news, guaranteed. Hey, I bet your lunch.
- Korben Dallas: Okay, you're on.
- Mr. Kim: Come on. [opens message, in a excited voice] 'You are fired'. Oh, I'm sorry.
- Korben Dallas: At least I won lunch.
- Mr. Kim: Good philosophy! See good in bad. I like.
- Billy: When is this "Snake" act supposed to occur?
- Professor Pacoli: Well, if this is the five and this is the one, every 5,000 years.
- Billy: So I've got some time.
- [Korben appears before Cornelius' door, holding Leeloo in his arms]
- Father Vito Cornelius: Yes?
- Korben Dallas: I'm, uh…looking for a priest.
- Father Vito Cornelius: Weddings are one floor down, my son. Congratulations.
- General Munro: [after telling Korben about the mission] Any questions?
- Korben Dallas: Yeah. Just one. Why me? I retired six months ago. You remember?
- General Munro: Three reasons. One - as a member of the elite special forces unit of the Federated Army, you are expert in the use of all major weapons & space craft needed for this mission. [unravels a list five feet long] Two - of all the members of your unit, you were the most highly decorated.
- Korben Dallas: …and the third one?
- General Munro: Of all the members of your unit, you're the only one left alive.
- [Cornelius bursts into Korben's room and holds him at gunpoint]
- Father Vito Cornelius: I'm really sorry to have to resort to these methods, Mr. Wallace…
- Korben Dallas: Dallas.
- Father Vito Cornelius: Er, Mr. Dallas. But we heard about your good luck on the radio, and we need your tickets for Fhloston.
- Korben Dallas: Is this how priests normally take vacations?
- Father Vito Cornelius: We're not on a vacation, we're on a mission!
- Korben Dallas: What mission is that?
- Father Vito Cornelius: We have to save the world, my son.
- Jean-Baptiste Emanuel Zorg: This case is empty.
- [Switches to conversation between Cornelius and Leeloo, who is laughing]
- Father Vito Cornelius: What do you mean, empty?
- [Back to conversation between Zorg and Aknot]
- Jean-Baptiste Emanuel Zorg: Empty. The opposite of full. This case is supposed to be FULL!!! Anyone care to explain?
- [Back to Leeloo, speaking in the Divine Language]
- Father Vito Cornelius: The guardians... gave the stones.. to someone they could trust... who-who another route... she's supposed to contact this person... in a hotel... and she's looking for the address. Easy.
- Leeloo: [points to the computer screen] Dot.
- David: It's-it's planet Fhloston, in the Angel Constellation!
- Father Vito Cornelius: We're saved.
- [back to Zorg and Aknot]
- Jean-Baptiste Emanuel Zorg: I'm screwed.
- Aknot: You asked for a case. We brought you a case.
- Zorg: A case with four stones in it! Not one or two or three but FOUR! FOUR STONES! Wha... What the hell am I supposed to do with an empty case?!
- Aknot: We are warriors, not merchants.
- Jean Baptiste Emanuel Zorg: But you can still count! Look, it's easy. Look at my fingers. Four stones, (Lead Mangalore looks away, Zorg slaps face back to position) four crates [of guns]. Zero stones, ZERO CRATES!!!
- Korben Dallas: We need to find the leader. Mangalores don't fight without their leaders.
- Aknot: [he stands up holding a pistol to Father Vito Cornelius' head] One more shot and we start killing hostages!
- Korben Dallas: That would be the leader.
- Aknot: Send someone in to negotiate!
- Ship's officer: [shrugging] I…I never negotiated before.
- Korben Dallas: You mind if…I…?
- Ship's officer: Uh…yeah…sure. [yells to the Mangalores] We're sending someone in to negotiate!
- [Korben strides through the door, levels his weapon and fires a single shot into Aknot's forehead. The Mangalore leader falls to the floor with a thump, and his troops look down at him uncertain what to do next]
- Korben Dallas: [pointing the gun around] Anyone else want to negotiate?
- Ship's officer: [to Ruby Rhod] W-where did he learn to negotiate like that?
- President Lindberg: [in the war room with Ruby Rhod's radio transmission being heard, looks distastefully at General Munroe] I wonder.
- Leeloo: Leeloo Dallas mul-ti-pass. Mul-ti-pass.
- Korben Dallas: [to check-in attendent] Yeah, this is my wife, Leeloo.
- Leeloo: Mul-ti-pass.
- Korben Dallas: Yeah, multipass, she knows it's a multipass. Leeloo Dallas. This is my wife.
- Leeloo: Mul-ti-pass.
- Korben Dallas: We're newly-weds. Just met. You know how it is. We bumped into each other, sparks happen...
- Leeloo: Mul-ti-pass.
- Korben Dallas: Yes, she knows it's a multipass! Anyways, we're in love.
- President Lindberg: There's a ball of fire, 1200 miles in diameter heading straight for Earth and we have no idea how to stop it. That's the problem.
- Korben Dallas: How much time do we have?
- Scientist's aide: If its speed remains constant, an hour and fifty-seven minutes.
- Korben Dallas: I'll call you back in two hours. [hangs up]
- President Lindberg: Hello? Hello? Hello?
- [checks on Leeloo and Korben's healing process. They are "occupied"]
- Professor Mactillberg: Uh, they're... not ready. They need... five more minutes.
- President Lindberg: You have twenty seconds.
- Flight attendent: Miss?
- Leeloo: [the only phrase she currently knows] Mul-ti-pass.
- Dispatch: All units respond in pursuit of yellow cab, Level 10.
- Police officer getting lunch at McDonalds: (talking into mic) Unit 47, we're on the way (hangs up mic) soon as we finish lunch. I'm too old, too tired, too hungry to go chase some hot rod. And I'm definitely too thirsty.
- Korban Dallas: LOOK OUT! (sideswips police officer, causing his lunch to go all over him, and his drink to spatter in his face)
- Police officer: (moment later) WHOA!
- Ruby Rhod: My man? My man? My man, what's this thing with all these numbers?
- Vito Cornelius: It's a- It's a- It's a- It's a-
- Ruby Rhod: No no no no no no no no. 'Cause if it was a bomb, the alarms would go off because all these hotels have bomb detectors, right?
- [alarm sounds]
- Jean-Baptiste Emanuel Zorg: It's nice to see you again, Father.
- Priest Vito Cornelius: Ah, I remember you now. The so-called art dealer.
- Jean-Baptiste Emanuel Zorg: I'm glad you got your memory back. Because you're gonna need it.
- [directs his men out of his office]
- Jean-Baptiste Emanuel Zorg: Where are the stones?
- Priest Vito Cornelius: I don't know. And even if I did know, I wouldn't tell somebody like you.
- Jean-Baptiste Emanuel Zorg: Why? What's wrong with me?
- Priest Vito Cornelius: I try to serve life. But you only... seem to want to destroy it.
- Jean-Baptiste Emanuel Zorg: Oh, Father, you're so wrong. Let me explain. [closes office door, places an empty glass on desk] Life, which you so nobly serve, comes from destruction, disorder and chaos. Take this empty glass. Here it is, peaceful, serene and boring. But if it is... [pushes glass off table] destroyed... [robot cleaners move to clean broken glass] Look at all these little things. So busy now. Notice how each one is useful. What a lovely ballet ensues so full of form and color. Now, think about all those people that created them. Technicians, engineers, hundreds of people who'll be able to feed their children tonight so those children can grow up big and strong and have little teeny weeny children of their own, and so on and so forth. Thus, adding to the great chain... of life. [Desk prepares a glass of water and a bowl of fruit] You see, Father, by creating a little destruction, I'm actually encouraging life. In reality, you and I are in the same business. Cheers. [drinks water with cherry, only to choke on cherry stuck in throat. Zorg frantically presses all buttons on his desk in an attempt to get something to clear his throat]
- Priest Vito Cornelius: Where's the robot to pat you in the back? Or the engineer? Or their children, maybe? [Desk brings out Zorg's pet Picasso; Zorg motions it to try and help him] There, you see how all your so-called power counts for absolutely nothing? How your entire empire of destruction comes... crashing down. All because of one little... cherry. [Slaps Zorg in the back, causing him to spit the cherry at Picasso]
- Jean-Baptiste Emanuel Zorg: [opens doors, throws Cornelius to guards] You saved my life, and in return, I'll spare yours... for now.
- Priest Vito Cornelius: You're a monster, Zorg.
- Jean-Baptiste Emanuel Zorg: I know.
- [directs guards to take Cornelius away]
- Jean-Baptiste Emanuel Zorg: [snaps fingers] Torture who you have to. The President, I don't care. Just bring me those stones. You have one hour.