- "When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume, among the Powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation." ~ Opening statement of The Declaration of Independence of The United States of America, composed primarily by Thomas Jefferson (Third of three from The Declaration of Independence or drafts of it, that were quoted July 4,5, & 6 of 2004)
- selected by Kalki
- They thought I was a Surrealist, but I wasn't. I never painted dreams. I painted my own reality. ~ Frida Kahlo (born 6 July 1907)
- proposed by InvisibleSun
- Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive. ~ Tenzin Gyatso, 14th Dalai Lama (born 6 July 1935)
- proposed by Kalki
- I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast; for I intend to go in harm's way. ~ John Paul Jones
- proposed by Kalki
Quotas are bad for America. It's not the way America is all about. ~ George W. Bush, born that day.
- 3 ~ MosheZadka (Talk) 08:32, 25 Jun 2005 (UTC)
- 1 ~ Too many topics around America. A bit bored. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Aphaia (talk • contribs) 02:09, 5 July 2005 (UTC)
- 0. Jeff Q (talk) 16:59, 4 July 2006 (UTC) Concur with Aphaia.
- 1 Kalki 19:27, 9 July 2007 (UTC) Would prefer something more remarkable by Bush, if he were to be quoted on his birthday.
- 0 Strongly concur with Aphaia and Jeffq. Zarbon 05:03, 24 April 2008 (UTC)
- 1 InvisibleSun 00:01, 6 July 2008 (UTC)
Peace can only last where human rights are respected, where the people are fed, and where individuals and nations are free. True peace with oneself and with the world around us can only be achieved through the development of mental peace. ~ Tenzin Gyatso, 14th Dalai Lama (date of birth)