Our life's journey of self-discovery is not a straight-line rise from one level of consciousness to another. Instead, it is a series of steep climbs and flat plateaus, then further climbs. Even though we all approach the journey from different directions, certain of the journey's characteristics are common to all of us.Stuart Wilde
Quotations about the AK-47 assault rifle. (Avtomat Kalashnikova 1947 ; Russian: Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года)
- No, we're not looking at how to control criminals... we're talking about banning the AK-47 and semi-automatic guns. ~ Howard Metzenbaum
- One of the bulldozers uncovered the decomposing body of an enemy soldier, complete with AK47. I happened to be standing right there, looking down into the hole and pulled the AK out of the bog. "Watch this, guys," I said, "and I'll show you how a real infantry weapon works." I pulled the bolt back and fired 30 rounds - the AK could have been cleaned that day rather than buried in glug for a year or so. That was the kind of weapon our soldiers needed, not the confidence-sapping M-16. ~ David Hackworth, US Army battallion commander, Vietnam War. In About Face, The Macmillan Company of Australia 1989 p669
- I've seen gangsta's get religious when they start bleedin
- Sayin "Lord, Jesus Help Me" cause they ass leakin
- When they window roll down and that A.K. come out
- You can squeeze ya lil handgun until you run out
- And you can run for ya back-up
- But them machine gun shells gone tear ya back up
- AK-47 is the tool. Don't make me act the motherfucking fool. ~ Ice Cube in the NWA song Straight Outta Compton.
- Of all the weapons in the vast Soviet arsenal, nothing was more profitable than Avtomat Kalashnikova model of 1947, more commonly known as the AK-47, or Kalashnikov. It's the world's most popular assault rifle, a weapon all fighters love. An elegantly simple nine pound amalgamation of forged steel and plywood, it doesn't break, jam, or overheat. It will fire whether it's covered in mud or filled with sand. It's so easy even a child could use it, and they do. The Soviets put the gun on a coin. Mozambique put it on their flag. Since the end of the Cold War, the Kalashnikov has become the Russian people's greatest export. After that comes vodka, caviar, suicidal novelists. One thing is for sure, no one was lining up to buy their cars. ~ Yuri Orlov—Lord of War
- You get rich by giving the poorest people on the planet the means to continue killing each other. Do you know why I do what I do? I mean, there are more prestigous assignments. Keeping track of nuclear arsenals. You'd think that more critical to world security. But, it's not. No. Nine out of ten war victims today are killed with assault rifles and small arms. Like yours. Those nuclear missiles, they're sitting in their silos. Your AK-47, that is the real weapon of mass destruction. ~ Jack Valentine—Lord of War
- AK-47, the very best there is. When you absolutely, positively, have to kill every single motherfucker in the room; accept no substitute. ~ Ordell Robbie—Jackie Brown
- Stop, Hold Your Fire, Put Down Your Weapon, You'll Never Get To Heaven With An AK47! ~ Conceived by Terry Hall and used in the Oui 3 song For What It's Worth
- Even saw the lights of the Goodyear Blimp, And it read Ice Cube's a pimp, Drunk as hell but no throwing up, Half way home and my pager still blowing up, Today I didn't even have to use my A.K., I got to say it was a good day. ~ Ice Cube in the song It Was A Good Day.
- You gotta keep in mind man I grew up in Mogadishu, the only law was gun law, you gotta walk with a pistol. You get laughed at for being so insensitive to the environment because how will you be heard when them big boys be firing. War is no place for a child, especially if he's rolling with an AK and a smile. ~ K'naan in the song Smile.
- If I had to go to a planet...an unknown planet, and I was allowed to take one firearm, it would be an AK-47. Discovery Channel's top 10 Combat rifles
- That weapon is going to keep you alive Discovery Channel's top 10 Combat rifles
- Is there design this good that doesn't kill people? w:Good Magazine, September/October 2007.