A Beautiful Mind (film)
There is a law that man should love his neighbor as himself. In a few hundred years it should be as natural to mankind as breathing or the upright gait; but if he does not learn it he must perish.Alfred Adler
- There has to be a mathematical explanation for how bad your tie is.
- Classes will dull your mind, destroy the potential for authentic creativity.
- Terrified, petrified, mortified, stupified...by you.
- Adam Smith said the best result comes from everyone in the group doing what's best for himself, right? Adam Smith was wrong! The message: Sometimes it is better to cooperate!
- I don't exactly know what I am required to say in order for you to have intercourse with me, but could we assume that I said all that? I mean essentially we are talking about fluid exchange right? So could we go just straight to the sex?
- I find you very attractive. Your assertiveness tells me that you feel the same way about me. But ritual remains that we must do a series of platonic actions before we can have intercourse. Now, I'm doing that. But all I really want to do is have sex with you as soon as possible.
- I've made the most important discovery of my life. It's only in the mysterious equation of love that any logical reasons can be found. I'm only here tonight because of you. You're the only reason I am...you are all my reasons.
- Perhaps it is good to have a beautiful mind, but an even greater gift is to discover a beautiful heart.
- Despite my privileged upbringing, I'm actually quite well-balanced. I have a chip on both shoulders.
- I don't have time for these classes and these books, memorizing the weak assumptions of lesser mortals.
- Find the truly original idea - that's the only way I will ever distinguish myself - it's the only way I'll ever...matter.
- It's the same with your dreams and nightmares. You have to feed them to keep them alive.
- Through the physical, the metaphysical, the delusional and back.
- Your comfort comes second to my ability to hear my own voice.
- You know, Hansen has just published another paper. I can't imply a topic for my doctorate.
- One more thing. Do you have a name or should I keep calling you "Miss"?
- Give me a moment to redefine my girlish notions of romance.
- I need to believe that something extraordinary is possible.
- Excuse me! We have a little problem here. It is extremely hot when the windows are closed and extremely noisy with them open.
- Mathematicians won the war. Mathematicians broke the Japanese codes and built the A-bomb. In medicine or economics, in technology or in space, battle lines are being drawn. To triumph we need results - publishable, applicable results. Now, who among you will be the next Morse, the next Einstein? Who among you will be the vanguard of democracy, freedom and discovery? Today we bequeath America's future into your able hands. Welcome to Princeton, gentlemen.
- Helinger (Judd Hirsch), head of the Princeton mathematics department.
- Have you remembered nothing?; In competition, individual ambition serves the common good.;Exactly!;Everyone for himself, Gentlemen
- Russell Crowe - John Forbes Nash
- Ed Harris - William Parcher
- Jennifer Connelly - Alicia Larde Nash
- Christopher Plummer - Dr. Rosen
- Paul Bettany - Charles Herman