A Fistful of Dollars
There's night and day, brother, both sweet things; sun, moon, and stars, brother, all sweet things; there's likewise a wind on the heath. Life is very sweet, brother; who would wish to die?George Borrow
- Directed by Sergio Leone. Written by Víctor Andrés Catena, Jaime Comas Gil, and Sergio Leone, based on Akira Kurosawa's Yojimbo.
The Man With No Name
- Aim for the heart, Ramon.
- [Before a gunfight, to the undertaker.] Get three coffins ready.
- [After same gunfight, to the undertaker] My mistake: four coffins.
- The Rojos on one side of town, the Baxters on the other, and me right in the middle.
- [The four Baxters aren't apologizing for laughing at his mule] I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. Gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it...
- (To Ramon) "When the man with a 45 meets the man with a rifle, you said the man with a pistol is a dead man" (load his gun). Let's see if it's true.
- Hello. (First line)
- Sometimes the dead can be more useful than the living.
- (Quoting Don Miguel Rojo) A man's life in these parts often depends on a mere scrap of information.
- (Soon after quoting Don Miguel Rojo) Five hundred dollars.
- When the man with a 45. meets the man with a Winchester, the man with a pistol is a dead man.
Don Miguel Rojo
- With a gun in his hand, nothing stands in his way.
- Father: How can we thank you for what you are doing?
- Man W/No Name: Don't try, get out of here before Ramone and his gang show up.
- Marisong: Why do you do this?
- Man W/No Name: Why? Because I knew someone like you once and there was no one there to help. Go. Go! Get out of here!