A History of Violence (film)
Every perfect life is a parable invented by God.Simone Weil
- You should ask Tom... how come he's so good at killing people?
- Still crazy fucking Joey.
- If I rob Mulligan's pharmacy, are you going to whack me if I don't give you a piece of the action?
- Richie Cusack: [After his guys fail to kill Tom] How do you fuck that up?
- Tom Stall: In this family, we do not solve problems by hitting people!
- Jack: No, in this family, we shoot them!
- Carl: Got anything to say before I blow your brains out, you miserable prick?
- Tom: I should have killed you in Philly.
- Carl: That's right.
- Tom: I'm here to make peace. Can I do anything to make things right?
- Richie: You can do one thing... You can die.
- Richie: Jesus, Joey!
- [Tom/Joey shoots him]
- Tom/Joey: Jesus, Richie.
- Everyone has something to hide.
- Tom Stall had the perfect life... until he became a hero.
- Viggo Mortensen — Tom Stall/Joey
- Ed Harris — Carl Fogarty
- Ashton Holmes — Jack Stall
- William Hurt — Richie Cusack