The A Team
The A-Team (1983–1987) is an NBC television series, created by Stephen J. Cannell, featuring the adventures of a band of ex-military men who, unfairly accused of a wartime crime, evade government pursuers while doing good deeds for assorted people across the United States.
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Colonel John "Hannibal" Smith
- 3 Captain H.M. "Howlin' Mad" Murdock
- 4 Sergeant Bosco "B.A." Baracus
- 5 Lieutenant Templeton "Face" Peck
- 6 Amy Amanda Allen, aka Triple A
- 7 General Hunt Stockwell
- 8 Season 1
- 9 Season 3
- 10 Season 5
- 11 Major cast
- 12 External links
- In 1972 (Ten years ago), a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem...if no one else can help...and if you can find them...maybe you can hire...The A- Team. Introduction to each episode, played before the theme song. After Season One, the introduction was changed to, "In 1972..."- - Also the theme was completely remodeled for the 5th season.
Colonel John "Hannibal" Smith
- I love it when a plan comes together.
- Ever notice you run into the nicest people in tanks?
- Hickory dickory dock / The mouse ran up the clock / The clock struck one / Down he run / You smell worse than my socks.
- Next time you think you want to take someone out, don't get yourself a good squad. Get yourself a team.
- Nice, B.A.!
- See, I was the kid who always liked waiting on Christmas Eve even more than I liked opening the presents the next morning. But the next morning when I started rippin', I started rippin'!
- The Opera isnt over Until the Fat lady sings.
- One of the really interesting aspects of being a fugitive is that there are so few things you can spend your money on. Now if I were a crook, like you, and I wanted a million of your dollars,
I'd sit down and figure out how to rip off one of your banks, and I'd have the money by nightfall.
Captain H.M. "Howlin' Mad" Murdock
- Say, are we a groovy, happenin' bunch o' guys, or what?
- To Bad Guys who just said they were nuts: No I'm not, no I'm not, I'm condiments. I've been promoted.
- What can I say? One day I had this Gonzo headache, and before it was over I could speak and read Chinese.
- I'm a bird, I'm a plane, I'm a choo-choo train *shouts* Uh, touchdown!
- I want you to be my role model, someone I can look up to when the purple wobblies start to wobble.
- I had a cat once, but everytime I tried to give him a bath, the fur stuck to my tongue.
- I have been kicked out! Caine has been kicked out of the harbour! So pull up the gang planks Mr. Roberts, and tell all the officers to meet me in the ward room!
- I Will find civilization Muchacho! I will bring back reinforcements! What on earth will you be doing while I am gone? To Hannibal after they built an Ultra-light (a small flying craft)
- Nice drop, Kimosabe
- Use your imagination--or you can borrow mine.
- Billy always turns purple right before he gets mad. On his invisible dog, Billy
- I don't know how he does it, the man is absolutely incredible! A comment about Face when he brought back almost impossible to acquire gear
- She's a Beauty Colonel, I'm gonna treat her like the proud lady she is.
- I don't wanna be a secret weapon! I want to be an exposed weapon!
- White paper, white paper, white paper... To turn invisible
- This is the Vicen Leader to the remaining Military forces of Presidente Martien offering you the chance to lay down your weapons, and join the Vicen Troops of San Marcos.
- I didn't know ya cared sweetheart. To BA after he told him to take care of himself
- Traaaaaashbags! I want traaaaaashbags!
- I love the smell of a revolution in the morning. It smells like hushpuppies.
- Fly By night, laugh and say, beating up bad guys, makes my day! The Credo of The Fighting nighthawk Commandos
- Fighting Nighthawks in the sky / Brave and loyal are these guys / Brothers turning wrong to right / Never running from a fight, fight, fight / Fighting Nightingales / Fighting Nightingales / Fighting Nightingaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaales! Hey! Theme song of the Fighting Nighthawk Commandos (Murdock and Frankie Santana)
- Pardon me Roy, is that the catatonic choo-choo?
- What we need is a little distraction. You got an atomic bomb?
- God, your sky is so big, my plane is so crummy, please don't let me eat it!
- You touch one hair on that girl's head and I won't sleep and I won't eat and I will find you. And when I do I will feed your head to flies. To the bad guys; an unusually dark comment
- They control the horizontal, they control the vertical, don't try to adjust. You'll be next, you'll be next, you'll be next.
- (To BA after being accused of crashing the plane) No I didn't; I merely relocated it with extreme prejudice because of a total loss of thrust and lift functions!
- Sir, as this is Tuesday, it's my feeling that Wednesday could occur officially as early as tomorrow.
- I Gotta tell ya, from up here the local flora and fauna are quite remarkable.
- My size? My size is the amount of space I fill up. Thanks for asking.
- That concludes your flight with Miracle Airlines, the only airline where Lady Luck is your co-pilot.
- I don't suppose you've noticed that I'm wearing gold. You know why? I will tell you why. I got behind the wheel of this van here, and I noticed that she was shimmying a little, pulling to the left. Well it finally hit me: That ugly mudsucker tuned the suspension of this van to compensate for all that gold he was wearing. So I put on a few chains, a few rings, a bracelet and some bricks under the seat, and it worked.
- Ladies and Gentlemen, The Captain has just turned on the 'No Smoking' and 'Fasten your Seatbelt' sign for taxiing and takeoff. Please make sure that your seats are in the upright and foward position, and that your table trays are secured in front of you. Please sit back and enjoy your flight.
- Beware the Dogs of War!
- You're talking to me as if I was a dog. (to Face); barks)
- (Miming B.A.) "You guys put on a plane you're all dead! You hear me DEAD!"
Sergeant Bosco "B.A." Baracus
- When punks start hasslin' decent people, I make it my bidness.
- I ain't gettin' on no plane, Hannibal.
- If he [Murdock] be flyin', we dyin'.
- Shut up, foo'! Typically directed at Murdock
- Oh Hannibal. You snuck Mike into my van?!?
- Quit your jibba jabba!
- You're just a crazy foo', who's seein' things that ain't there! to Murdock
- Got no time for the jibba jabba.
- Face is gonna pay...Face is gonna pay...Face is gonna pay.
- Me rhyming my words... that's the craziest thing I ever heard.... my ears don't ring.. I don't hear a thing! Hey wait a minute sucka!
- You put Cake in my van?!
- [The AOAMS (Association of Angry Mud Suckers)] is not a friendly union. We don't file grievances, we file death reports! To Murdock, after he had "nev'a heard a'" the AOAMS.
- In a cup fool! When offered a cup of coffee by a nervous coffee shop owner and asked how he'd like it
- (to everyone but Murdock,when he finds anchovies on the pizza): Anchovies! Why that crazy fool!
Lieutenant Templeton "Face" Peck
- I lie, I cheat, I steal and I just don't get any respect.
- Don't smile at me like that! That's not even a smile, it's just a bunch of teeth playing with my mind!
- The key to any con is to place the mark in a position where he or she thinks reward will come or harm will be avoided if he or she does exactly as told by the conman.
- What am I gonna do, flush myself down the toilet?
- (To Murdock): Murdock, you'll always be one of us. (Mumbles to himself) Question is, which one?
Amy Amanda Allen, aka Triple A
- Hannibal's plans never work right. They just work.
- Hannibal loves it when a plan comes together.
- He's on the jazz. Referring to Hannibal
- Yeah, come on out Face. Teach us how to navigate by the stars.
General Hunt Stockwell
- I think you'll find out that its better if you do things, if you do it, my way.
- Shall we adjourn?
- I can Have a S.W.A.T Team there within three minutes.
- Knowledge is Power. And I want that knowledge.
- He wants The A-Team, he gets them.
- Blackmail isn't my style.
- I don't recall using the word "promise", Lieutenant. Says to Face
- They will do anything to silence him. Anything. Refering to a bunch of corrupt politicians
Mexican Slayride, Part 1 [1.1]
- B.A. Baracus: You learn to love him, Mama. But it takes a long time. Referring to Hannibal
- Amy: That's the same thing he said about you.
Holiday In The Hills [1.9]
- Face: Murdock, what's gonna happen?
- Murdock: Looks like we're gonna crash.
- Face: C'mon, really, what's gonna happen?
- Murdock: Looks like we're gonna crash. And die.
Till Death Do Us Part [1.12]
- Murdock: Oh wow! You went to Hamburger Heaven! Home of Captain Bellybuster, America's Hero. Did ya get me a Bellybustin' Surprise Pack Hannibal, didja didja didja?
- Hannibal: Ah, sorry Murdock. But...with 6 Tummy Tingler malts, look what you get free!
- Murdock: A Captain Bellybuster cap! Out of the Blue I'm coming at you. Super Nutritious and super
The Bells of St. Mary's [3.11]
- Face: But Hannibal, rules are made to be broken!
- Hannibal: Noses are also made to be broken, right, Face?
- Face: The bigger they are, The harder they fall.
- B.A walks into the room
- B.A: The bigger they are, the harder they hit!
The Point of No Return [5.9]
- Stockwell: Check us in, the name is Robins.
- Face: Come on Murdock, let's go.
- Frankie: Hey! Where you guys going huh? Whats happening?
- Face: Well, if you were in a strange town and you need to find somebody, who do you ask?... Cab driver.
- Frankie: Ah. Yeah, but Stockwell said to stay right here and check in.
- Murdock: Well, that's great, that's great, you just do that, that's great
- Frankie: To B.A: come on
- Stockwell: Where are Peck and Murdock?
- Frankie: Well, uh, Face saw a girl he knows and Murdock, he, he saw....
- B.A: Somethin' in his head, aint' no tellin' what it was.
- Stockwell: I believe my instructions to stand by were quite clear.
- Frankie: Well, you know how impulsive boys can be.
- Frankie: I've always thought of Johnny as some kind of ... Superman ya' know?
- B.A: There ain't no body!
- Frankie: They don't always find a body B.A
- Murdock: Hey Frankie, do you know something we don't know? Why are you trying to convince us that Hannibal's dead?
- Frankie: I'm not! I'm just trying to face facts. Everything we've heard so far says that Johnny's not alive.
- Face: Frankie, there's not a shred of hard evidence that says that he's dead.
- Frankie: Yeah, except that goon back there who says he was killed!
- Murdock: WELL YOU SHOULDN'T BE LISTENING TO GOONS!!!
- Silent Pause
- Murdock: I'm, I'm sorry, i'm sorry. It's just that g- goons are not a very reliable source of information you know.
- Face: Yeah, see the bottom line here Frankie is that were not gonna believe Hannibal's dead until we get some proof.
- Murdock: If there's no body, then Hannibal is alive.
- Face: I think the key to this whole mess is Bobby, that little peddycab peddler.
- Frankie: Yeah how come you haven't let Stockwell in on that one!?
- Murdock: Stockwell? Stockwell? Stockwell doesn't give a rats tail whether Hannibal is alive or dead!
- B.A: You got that right crazy man.
- 'Stockwell walks into the room
- Stockwell: O.K we're upgrading the status of this mission to Code Red. Now according to Colonel Smith's message, we've got 16 hours before the plutonium shipment changes hands. I have arranged for our friend back there to be picked up in a half an hour. So I want you to stay here until then.
- Face: B.A and Frankie will uh, cover this end here for you, Murdock and I have something we've gotta check out.
- Stockwell: No, you're not checking anything out until the prisoner is picked up. Then I want you to meet Alice and me at Hop Louies. Understood?
- Stockwell: Is there a problem?
- Murdock: Yes. We do not believe that Hannibal is dead, General.
- Stockwell: That's an interesting fantasy, but we don't deal in fantasies in this business.
- Frankie: Fantasy? Whoa, whoa, whoa wait just a minute here. This situation is NO FANTASY!
- Stockwell: Well, perhaps that was the wrong choice of words. No commander rests easily when one of his men has fallen. But men do die. Colonel Smith understood that. He took that responsibility. Now, we've got fifteen hours and fifty-eight minutes to find the plutonium, or it won't matter whether Hannibal Smith is alive or dead. The only thing that will matter, is whether he died in vain.
- Another pause
- Stockwell: Now, you went against my instructions and got involved in this peddycab mess. They tried to kill you. Face and Murdock get up to leave while Stockwell has his back turned . Obviously our cover was blown the minute you stepped in the hotel.
- Stockwell loooks around to see Face and Murdock gone. Then he looks up at Frankie
- Frankie: Uh, Face saw a girl.
- B.A: And Murdock saw something in his head.
The Grey Team [5.12]
- Murdock: Just think: if we get a pardon, we may never have to eat a knuckle sandwich again!
- BA: I wouldn’t bet on it crazy man. Looks like Hannibal’s on the jazz again!
- Face: Oh no…
- Murdock (to Hannibal): No, you tell me right now, you tell me right to my face, you tell me that you don’t have a plan.
- Hannibal: Well, I...I was thinking, like Bernie and George. What are we gonna do when this thing’s over? I mean, what are we really qualified to do?
- Face: Go after thugs in the park…
- Hannibal: And outlaw motorcycle gangs…organized crime figures…why, there’s a world of slime-balls out there!
- Murdock: I knew it. I just knew you had a plan.
- Hannibal: Comforting, isn’t it?
- BA: I'll get the van.
- George Peppard — Lt.Col. John "Hannibal" Smith
- Mr. T — Sgt. Bosco "B.A." Baracus
- Dwight Schultz — Captain H.M. "Howling Mad" Murdock
- Dirk Benedict — 1st.Lt. Templeton "Face" Peck
- Melinda Culea — Amy Amanda Allen aka Triple A
- Marla Heasley — Tanya Baker
- Eddie Velez — Frankie Santana (For Season 5 only)
- Robert Vaughn — General Hunt Stockwell (For Season 5 only as well)