A Walk to Remember
A Walk to Remember is a 2002 film about two North Carolina teens, Landon Carter (West) and Jamie Sullivan (Moore), who are thrown together after Landon gets into trouble and is made to do community service.
- You, uh, feelin', Christian?
- Our love is like the wind you can't see it but you can feel it!
- [voiceover] Jamie and I had a perfect summer together with more love than most people know in a lifetime. And then she went with her unfailing faith.
- [voiceover] Jamie saved my life. She taught me everything. About life, hope and the long journey ahead. I'll always miss her. But our love is like the wind. I can't see it, but I can feel it.
- [Reading from Jamie's mother book] "Love is always patient and kind. It is never jealous. Love is never boastful or conceited. It is never rude or selfish. It does not take offense and is not resentful.
- Jamie has faith in me. She makes me want to be different, better.
- [to Jamie] Maybe you're just too scared that someone might actually want to be with you.
- [to Jamie] No, no, you know the real reason why you're scared? Maybe it's cause you wanna be with me too.
- Eric: Hey man, tell them maybe do, like, West Side Story, you know, get that nice big booty lookin' girl from Selena, ya know, "Maria, Maria!"
- Belinda: Why don't you put your freak away before you hurt somebody.
- Dean: Well... if there is a higher power, then... why is it he can't get you a new sweater??
- Jamie: He's too busy looking for your brain.
- Eric: Talk to me man.
- Landon: About what?
- Eric: About you, about Jamie.
- Landon: What's there to talk about? She's the best person I've ever known.
- Jamie: People can see.
- Landon: And that would ruin your reputation how?
- Jamie: I'm sick.
- Landon: I'll take you home. You'll be be...
- Jamie: No. Landon! I'm sick. I have Leukemia.
- Landon: No. You're 18. You - you're perfect.
- Jamie: No. I found out two years ago and I've stopped responding to treatments.
- Landon: So why didn't you tell me?
- Jamie: The doctor said I should go on and live life normally as best I could. I - I didn't want anybody to be weird around me.
- Landon: Including me?
- Jamie: Especially you!
- Landon: I might kiss you.
- Jamie: I might be bad at it.
- Landon: That's not possible
- Jamie: You're acting like a crazy person, what's going on?
- Landon: Right now, you're straddling the state line.
- Jamie: [confused]Okay...
- Landon: You're in two places at once.
- [Landon lays out a blanket for he and Jamie to sit on as they stargaze]
- Jamie: Are you trying to seduce me?
- Landon: Why? Are you seducible?
- Jamie: No.
- Landon: Ah, I didn't think so. Ergot: [pulls something out of his backpack] A second blanket.
- Landon: [upset] Are you scared?
- Jamie: To death... [Landon still looks upset] Lighten up.
- Landon: It's not funny.
- Jamie: I'm scared of not being with you.
- Landon: Oh baby, that'll never happen... I'll be here.
- Landon: Do you love me?
- Landon: Will you do something for me, then?
- Jamie: [smiles] Anything.
- Landon: Will you marry me?
[Jamie smiles and kisses him]
- Landon: I'm sorry Jamie never got her miracle.
- Reverend Sullivan: She did. It was you.
- Landon: I need help with my lines.
- Jamie: Okay, I'll pray for you.
- It all comes down to who's by your side.
- Take a risk. Dare to move. Love is a leap of faith.
- She didn't belong. She was misunderstood. And she would change him forever....
- Love is like the wind. I cant see it, but i can feel it.
- Shane West - Landon Carter
- Mandy Moore - Jamie Sullivan
- Peter Coyote Reverend Sullivan
- Daryl Hannah - Cynthia Carter
- Lauren German - Belinda
- Clayne Crawford - Dean
- Al Thompson - Eric