Aaron Allston (born 1960 in Corsicana, Texas) is an American novelist of many science fiction books, notably Star Wars novels. His works include those of the X-Wing series: Wraith Squadron, Iron Fist, Solo Command, Starfighters of Adumar. He has also written two entries in the New Jedi Order series: Enemy Lines I: Rebel Dream, and Enemy Lines II: Rebel Stand. Allston wrote three of the nine Legacy of the Force novels: Betrayal, Exile, and Fury.
- "This would not be a problem if I were driving a snowplow."
- "The analysis of the thing is not the thing itself."
- "The difference between tragedy and comedy: Tragedy is something awful happening to somebody else, while comedy is something awful happening to somebody else."
- "The good thing about being Dr. Frankenstein is that you can always make new friends."
- "Luck consists largely of hanging on by your fingernails until things start to go your way."
- "I'm content to stand on tradition. I'm even more content to wipe my feet on it."
- "If you hack the Vatican server, have you tampered in God's domain?"
- "Feminism is sort of like God. Many people profess to believe in it, but no one seems to be able to define it to everyone's satisfaction."
- "A scream queen is an actress who eeks out a living."
- "Any sufficiently badly-written science is indistinguishable from magic." (aka Allston's Corollary to Clarke's Law)
- "There are two types of people in the world, and I'm one of them."
- "No one pays me to be nice."
- "When all else fails, complicate matters."
- "Violence is the first refuge of the violent."
- "The way to a man's heart is through his chest."
- "Where can I get some tat? I'd like to trade it in."
- "The principle of Sturgeon's Razor states that the simplest answer to any problem is 90% crap."
- "Definition of 'Free': You pay for it whether or not you elect to receive it."
- "Ennui and lethargy are waging a war inside me."
- "I really can't complain about actresses who get paid to be dumb. Most of us can't get paid to be smart."
- "Lawyers are the first refuge of the incompetent."
- "Life is like an analogy."
- "The chief difference between horror fans and science fiction fans lies in why they won't walk backwards. A horror fan won't walk backwards because he knows he'll be knifed by a madman. A science fiction fan won't walk backwards because he knows he'll step on the cat."