Love is the irresistible desire to be desired irresistibly.Louis Ginsberg
- The rule of my life is to make business a pleasure and pleasure my business.
- Letter to Pichon.
- There is a maxim, 'Never put off till tomorrow what you can do today.' It is a maxim for sluggards. A better reading of it is, 'Never do today what you can as well do tomorrow,' because something may occur to make you regret your premature action.
- Reported in Marshall Brown, Wit and Humor of Bench and Bar (1899).
- alternately reported as
- Never do today what you can put off till tomorrow. Delay may give clearer light as to what is best to be done.
- Law is whatever is boldly asserted and plausibly maintained.
- Reported in Burton Stevenson, Home Book of Proverbs, Maxims and Familiar Phrases (1948).
- In the past even I was afraid of my own greatness, therefore I could not stand in front of mirrors.
- On that subject I am coy.
- Last words; Burr was an atheist. His last words were a response to the efforts of his friend, Reverend P.J. Van Pelt, to get Burr to state that there was a God.