The ideas of economists and political philosophers, both when they are right and when they are wrong, are more powerful than is commonly understood. Indeed the world is ruled by little else. Practical men, who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influence, are usually the slaves of some defunct economist.John Maynard Keynes
(Redirected from Abrams, Creighton)
- They've got us surrounded again, the poor bastards.
- Uttered during the Battle of the Bulge
- Give a soldier an anvil, just a hunk of metal, and drive him out into the desert and leave him. In two weeks - when you go to get him, the anvil will be broken.
- On the need for a soldier proof tank.
- When eating an elephant take one at a time.