Ace in the Hole (1951 film)
Happiness is a sunbeam which may pass through a thousand bosoms without losing a particle of its original ray; nay, when it strikes on a kindred heart, like the converged light on a mirror, it reflects itself with redoubled brightness. It is not perfected till it is shared.Jane Porter
- Bad news sells best. Cause good news is no news.
- How'd you like to make a thousand dollars a day, Mr. Boot? I'm a thousand-dollar-a-day newspaperman. You can have me for nothing.
- I've done a lot of lying in my time. I've lied to men who wear belts. I've lied to men who wear suspenders. But I'd never be so stupid as to lie to a man who wears both belt and suspenders.
- It's a good story today. Tomorrow, it'll be yesterday's news and they'll wrap a fish in it.
- I can handle big news and little news. And if there's no news, I'll go out and bite a dog.
- I've met a lot of hard-boiled eggs in my time, but you--you're twenty minutes.
- I don't pray. Kneeling bags my nylons.
- Reporter: We're all in the same boat here.
- Charles Tatum: I'm in the boat. You're in the water. Now let's see how you can swim.
- Kirk Douglas - Charles 'Chuck' Tatum
- Jan Sterling - Lorraine Minosa
- Robert Arthur - Herbie Cook
- Porter Hall - Jacob Q. Boot
- Frank Cady - Mr. Federber
- Richard Benedict - Leo Minosa
- Ray Teal - Sheriff
- Lewis Martin - McCardle
- John Berkes - Papa Minosa
- Frances Dominguez - Mama Minosa
- Gene Evans - Deputy Sheriff
- Frank Jaquet - Sam Smollett