Ace in the Hole (1951 film)
The truth is that all of us attain the greatest success and happiness possible in this life whenever we use our native capacities to their greatest extent.Smiley Blanton
(Redirected from Ace in the Hole (1951 movie))
- Bad news sells best. Cause good news is no news.
- How'd you like to make a thousand dollars a day, Mr. Boot? I'm a thousand-dollar-a-day newspaperman. You can have me for nothing.
- I've done a lot of lying in my time. I've lied to men who wear belts. I've lied to men who wear suspenders. But I'd never be so stupid as to lie to a man who wears both belt and suspenders.
- It's a good story today. Tomorrow, it'll be yesterday's news and they'll wrap a fish in it.
- I can handle big news and little news. And if there's no news, I'll go out and bite a dog.
- I've met a lot of hard-boiled eggs in my time, but you--you're twenty minutes.
- I don't pray. Kneeling bags my nylons.
- Reporter: We're all in the same boat here.
- Charles Tatum: I'm in the boat. You're in the water. Now let's see how you can swim.
- Kirk Douglas - Charles 'Chuck' Tatum
- Jan Sterling - Lorraine Minosa
- Robert Arthur - Herbie Cook
- Porter Hall - Jacob Q. Boot
- Frank Cady - Mr. Federber
- Richard Benedict - Leo Minosa
- Ray Teal - Sheriff
- Lewis Martin - McCardle
- John Berkes - Papa Minosa
- Frances Dominguez - Mama Minosa
- Gene Evans - Deputy Sheriff
- Frank Jaquet - Sam Smollett