In Texas, years ago, almost all of the oil came from surface operations. Then someone got the idea that there were greater sources of supply deeper down. A well was drilled five thousand feet deep. The result? A gusher. Too many of us operate on the surface. We never go deep enough to find supernatural resources. The result is, we never operate at our best. More time and investment is involved to go deep but a gusher will pay off.Alfred A. Montapert
Quotes regarding Acquisition.
- An end to our gettings is the only end to our losses. ~ Publilius Syrus, Moral Sayings (1st century B.C.)
- Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of a human arm and commonly thrust into somebody's pocket. ~ Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary
- People find gold in fields, veins, river beds and pockets. Whichever, it takes work to get it out. ~ Art Linkletter, A Child's Garden of Misinformation (1965)
- With the catching end the pleasures of the chase. ~ Abraham Lincoln, speech, Jan. 27, 1838
- To aquire something keeps it out of the hands of someone else. ~ Anonymous