Most people ask for happiness on condition. Happiness can only be felt if you don't set any condition.Arthur Rubinstein
- Affectation hides three times as many virtues as charity does sins.
- Affectation is the wisdom of fools, and the folly of many a comparatively wise man.
- Affectation is a greater enemy to the face than the small-pox.
- All affectation is the vain and ridiculous attempt of poverty to appear rich.
- We are never rendered so ridiculous by qualities which we possess, as by those which we aim at, or affect to have.