Life is warfare.Seneca
(Redirected from Agnew, Spiro)
- Perhaps the place to start looking for a credibility gap is not in the offices of the Government in Washington but in the studios of the networks in New York!
- From speech delivered Nov 13, 1969 in Des Moines, Iowa
- A spirit of national masochism prevails, encouraged by an effete corps of impudent snobs who characterize themselves as intellectuals.
- Denouncing Moratorium Day protest against Vietnam War; in NY "Times," 20 Oct 69
- In the United States today, we have more than our share of the nattering nabobs of negativism.
- Speech, San Diego, 11 Sept 1970.
- Agnew's signature quip against everything perceived to be liberal, particularly the media at that time.
- The United States, for all its faults, is still the greatest nation in the country.