Air Force One
The object of love is to serve, not to win.Woodrow Wilson
- Directed by Wolfgang Petersen and written by Andrew W. Marlowe.
President James Marshall
- If this works, you get to be Postmaster General.
- Peace isn't merely the absence of conflict; it's the presence of justice.
- The dead remember our indifference. The dead remember our silence.
- The truth is, we acted too late. Only when our own national security was threatened, did we act.
- Never again will I allow our political self-interest to deter us from doing what we know to be morally right. Atrocity and terror are not political weapons, and to those who would use them, your day is over. We will never negotiate. We will no longer tolerate and we will no longer be afraid. It's your turn to be afraid.
- [Crossing two wires blindly] I'm counting on you, red, white, and blue.
- [Before shoving Egor Korshunov off Air Force One] Get off my plane!
- You, who murdered a hundred thousand Iraqis to save a nickel on a gallon of gas, are going to lecture me about the rules of war?! Don't!
- The President is safe, but then you must know that. He ran from here like a whipped dog. I'm sure you can't wait for him to get back to making the decisions so you can stop sweating through that silk blouse of yours.
- When you talk to the President, you might remind him that I am holding his wife, his daughter, his chief of staff, his national security advisor, his classified papers, AND his baseball glove!
- Your national security advisor has just been executed. He's a very good negotiator. He bought you another half-hour.
- Alice Marshall: You are a monster, and my father is a great man. You're nothing like my father.
- General Northwood: Nobody does this to the United States. The President will get back his baseball glove and play catch with this guy's balls!
- F-15 Pilot: Okay, boys, give me some room. I've just been ordered to fire on Air Force One.
- Liberty 24 Pilot: [As the President reaches Liberty Two-Four] Liberty Two-Four is changing call signs! Liberty Two-Four is now Air Force One!
- Alice Marshall: I'm 12 years old, Dad! In the caveman days I'd be having children of my own!
- President James Marshall: That's what we call progress, young lady.
- Grace Marshall: She couldn't stay your little girl forever, Jim.
- President James Marshall: I know, but I was hoping she could wait until she was 14 or 15... or 50.
- President James Marshall: Did you hear my speech?
- Grace Marshall: Yeah.
- President James Marshall: Yeah?
- Grace Marshall: You're gonna get yourself reelected.
- President James Marshall: That's what I keep telling them.
- F-15 Pilot: Sir, pull up! You've got one on your tail.
- President James Marshall: Get him off my tail!
- F-15 Pilot: Missile away. Air Force One, break left and climb!
- Major Caldwell: Sir, we've lost countermeasures!
- F-15 Pilot: This is Halo-2. They've lost countermeasures. I'm going in.
- [Takes the missile for Air Force One]
- White House General: [After hearing the president] My God! Is he saying what I think he's saying?
- Vice President Kathryn Bennett: If we're going to act, we have to act now.
- Defense Secretary Walter Dean: It's too risky.
- Vice President Kathryn Bennett: The president is up there with a gun to his head!
- General Northwood: He's asking us to do that to Air Force One?
- Vice President Kathryn Bennett: He's not asking. Your commander-in-chief has issued a direct order. Do it!
- Vice President Kathryn Bennett: What are your intentions?
- Egor Korshunov: What arrogance to think you could ever understand my intentions.
- Vice President Kathryn Bennett: I want to understand what it is that you want.
- Egor Korshunov: What do I want... When Mother Russia becomes one great nation again, when the capitalists are dragged from the Kremlin and shot in the street, when our enemies run and hide in fear at the mention of our name, and when America begs our forgiveness...on that great day of deliverance, you will know what I want.
- President James Marshall: I trusted you with my life!
- Secret Service Agent Gibbs: So will the next president!
- Deputy Press Secretary Melanie Mitchel: Mr. President, the Russian news crew is with us. I told them you'd give them a sound bite about life in the White House.
- President James Marshall: There is no life in the White House.
- Egor Korshunov: I understand Air Force One is able to refuel in midair. Well, we need fuel and we need it now.
- Vice President Kathryn Bennett: I'm sure we can come to some kind of arrangement. If you land the plane, we'll trade fuel for hostages.
- Egor Korshunov: This is bullshit! It's simple physics. Without fuel, the plane crashes, everybody dies!
- Vice President Kathryn Bennett: We're trying to do everything that we can--
- Egor Korshunov: Tell me what I want to hear or I will execute a member of the senior staff and continue killing one hostage every minute until the plane crash or refueling plane arrive! Well, what do you say?
- Vice President Kathryn Bennett: Fuel's on its way.
- Egor Korshunov: [Politely] Thank you.
- President James Marshall: Kathryn, if you give a mouse a cookie...
- Vice President Kathryn Bennett: He's gonna want a glass of milk.
- President James Marshall: How far away are those MIGs?
- [The radar suddenly shows the Russian fighters right behind Air Force One]
- President James Marshall: Never mind.
- Impenetrable. Invincible. In Trouble.
- The fate of a nation rests on the courage of one man.
- The most important man, the surest airplane, the most dangerous hijackers...
- Harrison Ford - President James Marshall
- Gary Oldman - Egor Korshunov
- Glenn Close - Vice President Kathryn Bennett
- Bill Smitrovich - General Northwood
- Wendy Crewson - First Lady Grace Marshall
- Liesel Matthews - First Daughter Alice Marshall
- Paul Guilfoyle - Chief of Staff Lloyd 'Shep' Shepherd
- Xander Berkeley - Secret Service Agent Gibbs
- William H. Macy - Major Caldwell
- Dean Stockwell - Defense Secretary Walter Dean
- Tom Everett - National Security Advisor Jack Doherty
- Jürgen Prochnow - General Ivan Radek
- Donna Bullock - Deputy Press Secretary Melanie Mitchel