Alan Kotok (November 9, 1941–May 26, 2006) was an American computer scientist at Digital Equipment Corporation, the World Wide Web Consortium and CSAIL. He is also remembered for contributions to Kotok-McCarthy and Spacewar! created with classmates at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- I'm opposed to any sport that reduces the coefficient of friction between me and the ground.
- I'm suspicious of any mode of transportation that requires a running start.
- It's hard to lose weight when you're dining on the company's money.
- We hadn't invented 'Not Invented Here', yet.
- quoted in Peter Hurley or Jack H. Stevens (13 January, 1995). A History of TOPS in alt.sys.pdp10 <1995Jan13.151041.8661@eisner>. Retrieved on 2006-12-26.
- It's as I feared: a bunch of people who don't know very much complaining about the fact the world is the way it is.
- On removing himself from UUNET newsgroup on RISC machines