One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life; that word is love.Sophocles
- I've never had the impertinence to be sorry for Helen Keller. I'd as soon be sorry for Niagara Falls. But now as I bring the story up to date, I'm shriveled with shame when I recall that at times in my life — my easy life — I've actually been sorry for myself. You too? We've got our nerve, haven't we?
- Radio Memorial for Anne Sullivan
- All the things I like to do are either immoral, illegal, or fattening.
- Many of us spend half our time wishing for things we could have if we didn't spend half our time wishing.
- Nothing risqué, nothing gained.
- The scenery in the play was beautiful, but the actors got in front of it.
- There's no such thing in anyone's life as an unimportant day.