Alon Mizrahi (born November 22, 1971) is an Israeli football player. He plays as a striker and he is the best scorer in Israel's football history.
Translator's note: as usual, when the original makes a Hebrew grammar mistake which is pertinent to the quote, translation is non-trivial. Please do not change any translations unless you speak Hebrew.
- The problem with this season was that 7-8 players were released — and that's just what I count on one hand.
- Zeno, Yediot Ahronot, June 2005
- I'm sure it was an author.
- When asked who wrote Romeo and Juliet in "Ha'ir", 2005
- I want to play in Europe and I said it both in the media and on TV.
- There's only one accurate thing in the newspaper - the date.
- Every two games I have an average of one goal per game.
- The problem with Israeli teams in the European championships is that they get 3 chances to score in a game, but only score twice. You can't succeed when you use only 80% of the chances.
- Football players are clever people, we have a head on the waist.
- To stay in the league we are going to have to beat all of the teams, especially the ones we are going to play against.
- We played "Bunker", but we didn't attack.
- "Bunker" is a slang in football - it's a situation where a team focuses on defence and doesn't try to score.
- I want to move near the sea so I could watch the sunrise every morning.
- In Israel, the sun doesn't rise in the sea, it sets there.
- I don't know if he'll be happy, but it's certain he'll be happy about it.
- "Put the basket in the ball" - trying to speak english.
- I think the [team] with the most points will win the championship.
- With time the players learned to pay me self-respect.
- We should give it the minimal maximum.
- There's lack of uncertainty in Maccabi Haifa.
- Napoleon said: I came, I saw, I conquered. I'm the same: come, see and conquer.
- I want to play for a team in either Europe or Spain.
- I have nothing to prove and I think I proved it today on the field.
- Reporter: Alon, you won 2-1.
Alon:Yes, and I think that had I not scored the second goal, it would have been 1:1
- The opponent scored one goal and we scored three - and we still won!
- Reporter: Alon, It's not easy to play 90 minutes.
Alon: Yeah, and it ain't easy to run for an hour and a half either...
- Reporter: If you weren't a football player, would you join an infantry brigade in the army? Alon: I don't think soReporter: Why not?Alon: I think I would have taken an easy job in the army, so I can get out for practices.
- I'm much impressed that all the teams in the second round are Europeans - Mizrahi giving his opinion about the Euro 2004.
- I'm playing in the affiliate-affiliated team of A.S Roma.
- Alon: What he said about Eli Gutmann was very true.
- Reporter: What did he say?
- Alon: I can't remember,but he said some right things.
- Reporter: You were very active today didn't you?
- Alon: Not really,I was quite activist
- HIV? I don't get into bed with every girl so I'm not worried. Forget about all these diseases and all those crap- until now, it didn't kill anyone.
- God gave talent in my mind and in my legs.
- The game was played smart. There was even a strategy!