Antz is a computer-animated film produced by DreamWorks, released in 1998. It features the voices of well-known actors such as Woody Allen, Sharon Stone, Jennifer Lopez, Sylvester Stallone, Anne Bancroft, Gene Hackman, Christopher Walken and Danny Glover as various members of an ant society. Some of the main characters share facial similarities with the actors who voice them.
Wow, every worker in the colony is here. Hey, wait a minute. That guy owes me money.
I've got to believe there's someplace better for me. Otherwise I'll just curl up into a larval position and weep.
I think everything must go back to the fact that I had a very anxious childhood. You know, my - my mother never had time for me. You know, when you're - when you're the middle child in a family of five million, you don't get any attention.
Will you calm down? You're not going to let a little near-death experience ruin your mood, are you?
Let's be real about this. Bala and I... Bala is a princess, and I'm a soil relocation engineer.
There you have it: your average boy-meets-girl, boy-likes-girl, boy-changes-the-underlying-social-order story.
Handling dirt is not my idea of a rewarding career.
Okay, I've gotta give myself a positive attitude. A good attitude even though I'm utterly insignificant. I'm, I'm insignificant... but with attitude.
[mocking the scout] Nothing like a little post-traumatic stress disorder to make your day complete.
And, y'know, I finally feel like I've found my place. And you know what? It's right back where I started. But the difference is, this time I chose it.
We rebuilt the colony; better than before, because now we have a very large indoor swimming pool.
Think about it, Bala. Do you really want to be Mrs. Raving Lunatic?
Worker, climb that tree and tell me where I am.
Labor? What you YOU know about labor? How would YOU feel if you were expected to give birth every 10 seconds for the rest of your life?
- Ladybug: This tastes just like crap.
- Beetle: Really? Let me try some. Hey, it is crap. Not bad.
- Mosquito: What if, like, we're just these tiny things... and we're just, like, part of this whole other huge universe...that's, like, so big we don't even know it exists?
- Ladybug: Man, that is so deep.
- Bala : Excuse me. I guess you didn't recognize me. My name is Princess Bala. I've been traveling, and I'm all... schlumpy.
- Chip: It's worse than I thought. They're Euro-trash.
- Bala : Haven't I seen you somewhere before?
- Z: Well, maybe, then again, maybe not, and then again... yowch.
- Bala : That's it. You're the guy from the bar.
- Z: Shhh.
- Queen: Bar? What bar?
- Bala : I... danced with this guy at the bar the other night. He was just a worker, then.
- Queen: What were you doing at a bar?
- General Mandible: Precisely what I want to know.
- Bala : No. This isn't about me. I mean, Look at this worker. Look what he's done.
- Z: I think - I think you're thinking of someone else. After all, I am a soldier.
- Bala : Exactly. You WERE a worker, but now you're a war hero.
- Queen: He's a worker?
- General Mandible: A worker danced with my fiance?
- Z: F-fiance? Hey, w-wait a minute. Th-this is not how it looks. I-I can explain this... hey, SHE was the one making all the moves.
- Bala : Don't you get it? I chose you because you were the most pathetic bug in the joint.
- Z: You know, I was going to let you become a part of my most erotic fantasies, but now you can just write it off.
- Bala : I've been kidnapped by the village idiot.
- Z: Who's the bigger idiot? The idiot, or the idiot who gets kidnapped by the idiot?
- Z: Let me ask you something - what made you come to the bar that night?
- Bala : I guess I was looking for a little trouble.
- Z: Well, trouble's my middle name. Actually, my middle name is Marion, but I don't want you spreading that around.
- Weaver: Z, I've known you for a long time, right?
- Z: Definitely; you were born two seconds after me.
- Weaver: And ever since I've known you, all you do is complain; what are you bitching about? If you haven't noticed, us ants are runnin' the show. We're the lords of the Earth!
- Z: Hey. Don't talk to me about "Earth", 'cause I just spent my day hauling it around.
- Colonel Cutter: Time stands still for no ant.
- General Mandible: Sacrifice. To some, it is just a word. To others it is a code. What matters is the colony...He's willing to live for the colony...to fight for the colony... to die for the colony.
- Every ant has his day.