The Apocrypha are books found beween the Old and New Testaments in many bibles. They correspond broadly to the books recognised as part of the Old Testament by many Christians but rejected by Protestants and Jews.
- Great is truth, and mighty above all things.
- Often quoted in the Latin: Magna est veritas et praevalet.
- Women are strongest: but above all things Truth beareth away the victory.
- If he went not through the narrow, how could he come into the broad?
- I shall light a candle of understanding in thine heart, which shall not be put out.
- So they went forth both, and the young man's dog with them.
- And became lord of his cities, and came unto Ecbatane, and took the towers, and spoiled the streets thereof, and turned the beauty thereof into shame.
The Rest of the Book of Esther
- Behold, a noise of a tumult with thunder, and earthquakes, and uproar in the land. And behold, two great dragons came forth ready to fight, and their cry was great.
Wisdom of Solomon
- Love righteousness, ye that be judges of the earth.
- The ear of jealousy heareth all things.
- Let us crown ourselves with rosebuds, before they be withered.
- Through envy of the devil came death into the world.
- Better it is to die than to beg.
- Let us now praise famous men, and our fathers that begat us.
- To the Lord our God appertaineth righteousness, but unto us and to our fathers open shame, as appeareth this day.
The Song of the Three Holy Children
- For we, O Lord, are become less than any nation, and be kept under this day in all the world, because of our sins.
- But the Angel of the Lord came down into the oven, together with Azarias and his fellows, and smote the flame of the fire out of the oven: And made the midst of the furnace, as it had been a moist whistling wind, so that the fire touched them not at all, neither hurt nor troubled them.
- When he was at the last gasp.
- Nicanor lay dead in his harness.