You never enjoy the world aright, till the sea itself floweth in your veins, till you are clothed with the heavens and crowned with the stars.Thomas Traherne
Comments from Reviewers
- ...a very well-designed product that easily brings the computer and the TV together.
- Geeks are more likely than anyone else to hate the Apple TV out of the box...almost everyone else who witnessed the Apple TV in action in our presence fell in love with it instantaneously (about half of which were not Mac users).
- ...comes up very short. It's as if Apple had launched an iPod that sounded like a cassette player.
- ...won’t follow in the world-altering footsteps of the iPod...clear that the Apple TV isn’t for everyone...decision will be based on whether you have enough computer-based media files—and a fast enough network.
- ...for those who want to use a proven, easy-to-use interface to play a huge and diverse iTunes library through a home-entertainment system.
- ...people who live in iTunes will enjoy the simplicity of just plugging it in and never having to fuss with anything...anyone should be able to use it with ease. For users who don't want to concern themselves with media library management, disparate home media serving and libraries, and the more complex bits about digital media in your home theater, there simply isn't an easier, more enjoyable way to get content from your computer to your HDTV.
- Ben Drawbaugh, Engadget
- ...only for those people who have drunk the Apple Kool-Aid and decided they really like the taste and can afford the upscale lifestyle.
- Paul Thurrott, Windows SuperSite
- ...the first media streaming device I could imagine recommending to a non-geek.
- Overall, it does a pretty damn good job, despite some limitations.
- ...does so much and works so well...Apple TV is an amazing first-generation product.
- Apple TV offers a gracious, delightful experience — but requires fidelity to Apple’s walled garden.
- ...one of those products that you either love or shun....it'll undoubtedly appeal to a great number of TV and home-video enthusiasts. On the other hand, it seems to truly be a niche product...it's not necessarily something I absolutely need to have or use all the time. I don't see it revolutionizing my world.
- Jason Tomczak, Digital Trends
- ...good, but not great, and suffers from a few flaws...
- ...a partial solution in need of being completed...a somewhat impressively executed but ultimately niche product.
- Jeremy Horwitz, iLounge
- ...as long as you're content living and playing in an iTunes world, Apple TV more than lives up to its hype. It's the most elegant digital media adapter yet, and one that we assume will only get better with age.
- Stewart Wolpin, Laptop magazine
- ...If you buy a lot of content from the iTunes Store, then the Apple TV is a great way to experience your purchased content on your TV...The best set top box depends on your usage patterns, if and where you buy DRM media from, and desire to modify the unit.
- Anthony Fiti, The Tech Lounge
- ...a very elegant solution to a sometimes difficult problem: getting all that media from your PC to your TV...If you are trying to get the latest technology and HD content from your PC to your TV, the Apple TV has a few hurdles you'll have to deal with...has great potential and opens a lot of doors for the digital home for everyone.
- Ryan Shrout, PC Perspective
- [[w:Walt Mossberg|]] (2007-03-21). From PC to TV -- via Apple. [[w:Wall Street Journal|]]. Retrieved on 2007-04-03.
- Jacqui Cheng; Clint Ecker (2007-03-27). Apple TV: an in-depth review. [[w:Ars Technica|]]. Retrieved on 2007-04-02.
- John P. Falcone (2007-03-27). Review: Apple TV best for iTunes addicts. [[w:CNN|]]. Retrieved on 2007-04-03.
- Peter Svensson (2007-04-08). Apple TV's shortcomings make the Xbox 360 a better choice. www.heraldnet.com. Retrieved on 2007-04-10.
- Christopher Breen (2007-03-30). Apple TV. [[w:Macworld|]]. Retrieved on [[2007-04-22]].
- Paul Reynolds (2007-03-21). Apple TV: Is it a “must-see” show. [[w:Consumer Reports|]]. Retrieved on 2007-04-22.
- Ben Drawbaugh (2007-04-05). Apple TV review. [[w:Engadget|]]. Retrieved on 2007-04-25.
- Paul Thurrot (2007-03-24). Apple TV Review. Windows SuperSite. Retrieved on 2007-04-25.
- Edward N. Albro (2007-03-22). Review: Apple TV Just Plain Works. [[w:PC World|]]. Retrieved on 2007-04-25.
- Tim Gideon and Joel Santo Domingo (2007-03-22). Apple TV. [[w:PC Magazine|]]. Retrieved on 2007-04-25.
- Troy Dreier (2007-03). Apple TV. [[w:Computer Shopper|]]. Retrieved on 2007-04-25.
- David Pogue (2007-03-22). Apple TV Has Landed. [[w:New York Times|]]. Retrieved on 2007-04-25.
- Jason Tomczak (2007-03-25). Apple TV. Digital Trends. Retrieved on 2007-04-25.
- longofest (2007-03-25). MacRumors Review: Apple TV. MacRumors.com. Retrieved on 2007-04-25.
- Jeremy Horwitz (2007-03-23). Apple Inc. Apple TV. iLounge.com. Retrieved on 2007-04-25.
- Stewart Wolpin (2007-04-06). Apple TV. laptopmag.com. Retrieved on 2007-04-25.
- Anthony Fiti (2007-04-02). Apple TV. thetechlounge.com. Retrieved on 2007-04-25.
- Ryan Shrout (2007-04-12). Apple TV Review - Bringing Digital Media to your TV. PC Perspective. Retrieved on 2007-04-25.