Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.William Butler Yeats
- איסטרא בלגניא קיש קיש קריא
- Istra Ba'lagina, Kish Kish Karya
- Translation: A coin in an empty barrel, makes a lot of noise.
- Meaning: People with little substance talk a lot.
- על דאטפת אטפוך וסוף מטיפייך - יטופון
- 'Al d'ateft atfu'kh, v'sof m'tifaikh ytufun
- Translation: Because you have drowned others, you were drowned — and in the end, those who drowned you will be drowned.
- Meaning: God punishes for sins, but people are not allowed to take the law into their own hands.
- מאגרא רמא לבירא עמיקתא
- Me'igara Rama Lebeyra Amiqta
- Translation: From a high rooftop to a deep pit.
- Meaning: someone lost his greatness and got into a big trouble.
- לפום צערא - אגרא
- Lefum tsara agra
- Translation: Acording to the suffer is the reward.
- Meaning: God will reward man for his sufferings.