Ardal O'Hanlon (born 8 October 1965 at Carrickmacross, County Monaghan, in the Republic of Ireland) is a comedian and actor, best known for his role as Father Dougal McGuire in the comedy television series Father Ted.
Comedy Central Presents
- Fun and run should never be in the same sentence, that's like saying, 'look at my humour tumour!'
- I saw a sign by the side of the road that said 'Tiredness can kill'... I never knew that. Last Saturday I stayed up watching films! I could have died!
- What do you want? Hmm? My land?
- Someone told me I should tell my dad I love him before he dies... but what if I get the timing wrong and he lives for another 20 years?! I don't think either of us could deal with the embarrassment! I'd have to kill him!
- This stage is awful big. I should be doing the show on horseback.
- I was on Desert Island Discs with Sue Lawley. She asked me for two books I'd take with me to a desert island, and I didn't like the threat implied in that question. I said that the first would be a big, inflatable book, and the second would be "How to make oars out of sand".
- I saw a shop window displaying "essential oils". I didn't have any of them. I'm lucky to be alive!