Avigdor Lieberman (Hebrew: אביגדור ליברמן), also Liberman (born June 5, 1958) is an Israeli politician and leader of the Yisrael Beytenu party. He has served as the Minister of Strategic Affairs and as a Deputy Prime Minister of Israel since November 2006.
- "The vision I would like to see here is the entrenching of the Jewish and the Zionist state. I very much favor democracy, but when there is a contradiction between democratic and Jewish values, the Jewish and Zionist values are more important."
- Lieberman speaking of the importance of Jewish values, September 2006.
- "The Rise of Avigdor Lieberman", by Ben Lynfield. The Nation. December 14, 2006. (url accessed on October 22, 2008).
- "We won’t be moving people, we will be moving the borders. It’s not a transfer."
- Comment on Israeli-Palestine land territory conflict, 2006.
- "Israeli Official Discusses Iran and His Controversial Agenda", The New York Times, by Greg Myre. December 7, 2006. (url accessed October 22, 2008)