Love is much like a wild rose, beautiful and calm, but willing to draw blood in its defense.Mark Overby
John B. Merlin
- I don't care who the father is, I'm the grandfather!
- David Merlin: So how do you like her?
- Louise King: Pretty good for a fill-in. I'd just as soon go stag.
- Polly: You could, too, with those shoulders.
- David Merlin: I wish to return this duck.
- Clerk: Certainly, sir. What's wrong with it?
- [The duck's head is missing]
- David Merlin: It's broken.
- Clerk: I can see that, sir, but I have to know where to lay the blame.
- David Merlin: Lay the blame on the duck!
- [Attempting to exchange a broken toy at the store David's father owns]
- Clerk: Do you have the sales slip?
- David Merlin: [to Polly, who is around the corner] Do you have the sales slip?
- Polly Parrish: I threw it away.
- David Merlin: You should have kept it. [to the clerk] I threw it away.
- Clerk: You should have kept it.
- Freddie: [referring to the baby] Where did it come from?
- Polly: I got it for Christmas!
- Freddie: ...This Christmas or last Christmas?
- Ginger Rogers - Polly Parrish
- David Niven - David Merlin
- Charles Coburn - John B. Merlin
- Frank Albertson - Freddie Miller
- June Wilkins - Louise King