Back to the Future
Back to the Future is a 1985 film about time travel. After traveling back to 1955, Marty McFly accidentally interferes with his parents' courtship and must make them fall in love... or else he will never be born.
- I'm sure that in 1985 plutonium is available in every corner drug store, but in 1955 it's a little hard to come by.
- So why don't you make like a tree... and get outta here!
- Mr. Strickland: You got a real attitude problem, McFly. You're a slacker. You remind me of you father when he went here. He was a slacker, too.
- Marty: Can I go now, Mr. Strickland?
- Mr. Strickland: I noticed your band is on the roster for the dance auditions after school today. Why even bother, McFly? You don't have a chance. You're too much like your old man. No McFly ever amounted to anything in the history of Hill Valley!
- Marty: Yeah, well, history is gonna change.
- Lorraine: I don't like her, Marty. Any girl who just calls up a boy is just asking for trouble.
- Linda: Oh, Mom, there's nothing wrong with calling a boy.
- Lorraine: I think it's terrible! Girls chasing boys. When I was your age I never chased a boy or called a boy or sat in a parked car with a boy.
- Linda: Then how am I supposed to ever meet anybody?
- Lorraine: Well, it will just happen, like the way I met your father.
- Linda: That was so stupid! Grandpa hit him with the car.
- Marty: Wait a minute. Wait a minute Doc, uh, are you telling me you built a time machine... out of a DeLorean?
- Doc Brown: The way I see it, if you're going to build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?
- Marty: Sorry about your barn. (Old Man Peabody tries to shoot him)
- Sherman Peabody: It's already mutated into human form, shoot it!
- Old Man Peabody: Take that, you mutated son of a bitch!
- Doc Brown: Tell me, Future Boy, who's President of the United States in 1985?
- Marty: Ronald Reagan.
- Doc Brown: Ronald Reagan? The actor? Then who's vice-president, Jerry Lewis? I suppose Jane Wyman is the First Lady? And Jack Benny is Secretary of the Treasury!
- Marty: This is heavy, Doc.
- Doc Brown: There's that word again: "heavy." Why are things so heavy in the future? Is there a problem with the Earth's gravitational pull?
- George: I don't know what I should say.
- Marty: Well say anything, George. Say the first thing that comes to your mind.
- George: Nothing's coming to my mind.
- Marty: Jesus, George. It's a wonder I was ever born.
- Marty: What about all that talk about screwing up future events? The space-time continuum?
- Doc Brown: Well, I figured, what the hell!
- Meet Marty McFly. He's broken the time barrier. Busted his parents' first date. And, maybe, botched his chances of ever being born.
- 17 year old Marty McFly got home early last night. 30 years early.
- Marty McFly just broke the time barrier. He's only got one week to get it fixed.
- Marty McFly's having the time of his life. The only question is -- what time is it?
- He was never in time for his classes... He wasn't in time for his dinner... Then one day... he wasn't in his time at all.
- Bumping into your parents is no big deal unless you bump into them before you were born.
- Michael J. Fox — Marty McFly
- Christopher Lloyd — Dr. Emmett Brown
- Thomas F. Wilson — Biff Tannen
- Lea Thompson — Lorraine McFly
- Crispin Glover — George McFly
- James Tolkan — Mr. Strickland
- Donald Fullilove — Goldie Wilson
- Claudia Wells — Jennifer Parker
- Harry Waters Jr. — Marvin Berry